Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Defect

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm thinking about the first post. 19 years old, P plates, illegally driving a turbo's car with bald rear tyres. Sounds like a nice safe combination to me. Not. I can imagine how the tyres came to be bald. For the sake of other road users, I hope you get told to hoist the boost and learn how to drive safely and responsibly first.

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
Ok I can help with SA, if the paperwork says you need to present the vehicle to regency inspection station (which is 90% of defect cases), it will be a full check of every nut and bolt on that car, not just checking tyres.

Very very few people pass the first time as most 'normal' wear on mechanical components (bushes, suspension, brakes etc) will get knocked back. You basically need to get the car to showroom fresh condition to pass and remove any mods. Our inspection stations are government run with government inspectors and we don't get through as easily as the mechanic/workshop based roadworthy system of the eastern states.

By the sound of it you have a turbo on a car thats not meant to have a turbo, all that will have to come off and the car will essentially need to be stock for you to even have a chance of passing, the inspection takes around 1 hour so that shows the level of detail they go to.

If you have any worn components (even a little worn), any oil leaks etc you will need to get them fixed.

I've seen people failed in SA for small tears in seats, low fluid level in the windscreen washer bottle, window tint (even dealer supplied).
Yeah I’ve definitely heard about regency being the place commys go to die if you got a defect, I only have to go to the local station so kinda hoping that it’s just going to be the tyre

I'm thinking about the first post. 19 years old, P plates, illegally driving a turbo's car with bald rear tyres. Sounds like a nice safe combination to me. Not. I can imagine how the tyres came to be bald. For the sake of other road users, I hope you get told to hoist the boost and learn how to drive safely and responsibly first.
Yeah yeah yeah
Tyre are bold because my I’ve got a mini spool and I didn’t wanna waste me money on new ones till I can get a lsd to replace the ****, I have tyre with full tread to use but they weren’t cheap tyres so I’m only putting them on for the defect

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yeah I’ve definitely heard about regency being the place commys go to die if you got a defect, I only have to go to the local station so kinda hoping that it’s just going to be the tyre

Yeah yeah yeah
Tyre are bold because my I’ve got a mini spool and I didn’t wanna waste me money on new ones till I can get a lsd to replace the ****, I have tyre with full tread to use but they weren’t cheap tyres so I’m only putting them on for the defect
Could have been worse, at least you're not in Melbourne...
Here in the Police State, a VT with P plates, bald rear tires, would certainly had the bonnet popped.
Then the car would have been impounded.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Could have been worse, at least you're not in Melbourne...
Here in the Police State, a VT with P plates, bald rear tires, would certainly had the bonnet popped.
Then the car would have been impounded.

In this state, if the copper has had a bad day, yes they will pop the bonnet and I dare say, that car would be at the wreckers in 30 days time.....

However reading what was originally written, the copper was obviously in a good mood and I dare say, KALEB M had a good attitude, hence why they only sent him to the cop shop.

I will also say, I may not agree with his modifications, but that's his gauntlet to run

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
In this state, if the copper has had a bad day, yes they will pop the bonnet and I dare say, that car would be at the wreckers in 30 days time.....

However reading what was originally written, the copper was obviously in a good mood and I dare say, KALEB M had a good attitude, hence why they only sent him to the cop shop.

I will also say, I may not agree with his modifications, but that's his gauntlet to run

Here in Melbourne, coppers love to pick on P platers...

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
You never done a burnout as a p player then ?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Went through my whole probationary period in Melbourne and only pulled over twice in my daily. First for doing something I shouldn’t have (according to the book), and second they wanted to verify the details of my car - apparently another statesman of similar description had been involved in illegal activity. They followed me for a very long time before pulling me over but quickly let me go.

P platers aren’t really picked on unless they’re asking for it tbh. I’ve only been off p’s for 2 years so my experience is relatively recent.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
What, in an FB Holden? The simple answer is no. It would have been a physical impossibility, even if I'd felt inclined to try, which I didn't. Burnouts on the street are the games of people who have no regard for their cars and think that showing off is being clever.

Last edited:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various

In my 15 years on the road I've never done one, and I've always owned high powered vehicles.

I have more respect for the cars and the road than to do something stupid like that, even just for a few seconds.

Just because we drive commodores and V8's etc doesn't mean we are all hoons, thats a stereotype I'm getting a bit sick of, it's people that drive like muppets that get all car enthusiasts in hot water innocent or guilty.

Last edited: