Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Defected!

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
Ah the day has came, pulled over and defected...
Too low and also the reason i am posting this thread somthing about rolling diameter?
Yes wheels are too big. Can some one please give me the details i need to figure out if i can keep or unfortunatley get rid of them?
I cant drive my car after wedneday so please please if you have any information i would love for you all to share and help me out.
thanks guys and girls

5lutevs

liam.g
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute (manula 304)
my car was defected a while back. the only person i could get wheel specs and laws off was a tire dealer.. if the rim diameter and a tire spec was in there catalog they deamed it legal... i called the police and pitts and they didnt help.

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
Gotta love good help huh...
Well if any one else has answers.
:)

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
What size are your wheels?

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Get a tyre placard off ebay. I got one for my VE with 20's as they come from factory with 20" wheels.

Search for "ve commodore placard" on ebay.

What specs are your tires? If they are 245/35R20 95W then you will be in luck as they are factory specs.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Gotta love good help huh...
Well if any one else has answers.
:)

Wow, you're rather impatient. You waited 8 minutes to get sulky about not getting help. Good one.

Edit: I could point you in the right direction, but I really can't be bothered at the moment.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockies to clear the defect then put your wheels back on.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Wow, you're rather impatient. You waited 8 minutes to get sulky about not getting help. Good one.

Edit: I could point you in the right direction, but I really can't be bothered at the moment.
He was referring to the police and pitts being no help as mentioned in the 2nd post.

Z3RO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Well in QLD you're generally not allowed more than 2" above biggest rolling diameter according to tyre placard and no lower than 100mm which they test with 2 wheels on a stick they shove under your car and if it hits anything you're defected.

EDIT: But generally the laws differ a little from state to state. Best contact the anti hoon division of the Police for further rules and regulations.

The VE is a pretty rough ride lowered even a little bit but you must be tucking seriously for them to even notice this, you'd almost be able to feel the paint on the line markers...

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6