Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delft Blue VY 25th Anniversary Model! - Manual Conversion/Cammed/Lowered/3.7's/20's +

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Haha fair enough :p

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Air box lifters and pushrods all sent out should see them early next week. Will possibly be ordering a 85mm MAF but it needs it's own tune ontop of the cams tune so well see how it goes. Just gotta go buy my gaskets and oil etc for it.

Hopefully 2 weeks it'll be in the workshop!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
So I was driving home from Tafe in Coburg (which i finally finished my Apprenticeship - Hell yeahhh) went through a fuel station, it was a steep incline so i couldn't see the ground and BANG. Didn't notice this til i got home:

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Took a chunk out and un-rolled my guard the wrong way. Used a piece of wood and rubber mallet and hit it back in. Paint was chipped from the hard hit though so I'm going to say in the next few months it'll start peeling around..

ALSO, put a mark in my rim skin, so if i didn't have it it would of dinted the side of my rim. Rimskins FTW.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
MOAR UPDAIT!

Got my CAI, Hydraulic lifters + Pushrods yesterday.

Fitted up the CAI (well I was in the middle of it @ the time of the picture)

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

Also went and picked up NGK leads + plugs to freshen it up abit.

IMG_0493.jpg

Lastly, not something i would like.. The coolant in my car (was fine like a week or two ago when i checked it) is now brown, it's sluggish under the cap, but when i check it, it's only a runny brown mixed with the green..

IMG_0494.jpg

After it being fine for a while, do you think it's just in need of a re-flush (which I've planned for a while now).
That being said, it doesn't run hotter, doesn't lose coolant, still right levels etc. I think i might flush it on Saturday though.

Checked my transfluid and that's fine, so it can't be that.

The overflow pipe was still coming out green when i pulled it off and a few drops came out..

All i can think of is it needing a coolant reflush..

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Updates sounds sweet man. :D

With your coolant I heard that somtimes it may be your head gasket or Somthing along those lines.

What I'd do is drain the lot out till its running out clean water then fill it up with just water. Leave it in a few days and go for several short drives.
Then check the color of the water and work from there.

Not sure of this is the safest way to do it thou however I belive It should be. :)

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Updates sounds sweet man. :D

With your coolant I heard that somtimes it may be your head gasket or Somthing along those lines.

What I'd do is drain the lot out till its running out clean water then fill it up with just water. Leave it in a few days and go for several short drives.
Then check the color of the water and work from there.

Not sure of this is the safest way to do it thou however I belive It should be. :)

Sometimes it's the inlet manifold gaskets too, which I'm changing for the cam anyway.

REVIEW ON CAI! Works great, it's pretty loud though haha, cold night start up and it's sucking good on idle lol.

Can tell a difference while driving along too, much more responsive. Made the exhaust tone change a little and more louder too.