Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delft Blue VY 25th Anniversary Model! - Manual Conversion/Cammed/Lowered/3.7's/20's +

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well they're $200 cheaper and look good so haha

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Cams booked in for Monday! Also getting leads, spark plugs, thermostat + coolant flush all done. Because I'm lazy and getting him to do it haha.

List is: lifters, gaskets (inlet manifold set, rocker covers, coolant lines, timing cover set) cam, pushrods, springs, retainers, timing chain, throttle body, testing out 85mm MAF to see what I can gain, coolant, thermostat, and probably more I can't remember... Can't wait!

On another note I'll ask again, anywhere anyone knows they can get a 2800rpm histall for under or about $1000? Then I'll get shift kit and should be done :).. Pfft yeah right :/

shaune_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
GS300 2JZ TURBO/ S2 RX7
Hey Mate,
Bet you cant wait for all the goodies to go in. Any idea of what kind of power it'll be putting out after its all done?

You coming to the heathcote drag day thing? Hoping i can make it so i can check this out lol

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Yeah definitely planned on going down there. It won't be making any massive amounts.. not even big actually.. should go from 115RWKW to a possible 155 mark.. maybe a little more.

I was thinking of buying a 2nd hand L67, stealing the pistons, injectors, etc and the top end and putting it on mine.. But after all the fkn around it'd be cheaper to go get one.

We'll see what happens. I'd love to get a Twin turbo, only because the spooling up is awesome, and it's difference power.

Only thing is the 6's need the supercharger for the down low.. and the cam for hi-up.. Hmm.. We'll see :p

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Went and bought some goodies to treat the car as it needs it's first PROPER polish as i've only done one coat..

So i got this:

IMG_0496.jpg

Swirl - X
Tech 2 Wax
Gel wash
+ new Microfibres..

If it's good weather tomorrow, I'll be polishing it before i drop it off down to the tuner's place for the cam!

IMG_0497.jpg

All ready to go! :p