Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dem & Wraith's HMAS VX Berliner

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
They seem to be awesome so far to be honest. Not sure about your front bar.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Service done. Some idiot namely me couldn't get the sump plug off so took it to the mechanic after he finished with the clubby. New oil in start it. Brown already so it will be changed in 1500kms and some good stuff put in. Mechanic did the diff oil as well. Said he couldn't really find anything wrong with it which is good.

Also pictures. Grill isn't 100% done yet there's still paint to be removed but ran out of thinners.

wlrLxVz.jpg

Need to adjust passenger side as it's off to the right. Luckily it's also the easiest to get to. Light output is awesome now though.

Man, what a difference that makes.
Nice, clean lines.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Some more pictures of light out put. Pretty happy with the adjustment so far.

Low Beam
sRc0Jq9.jpg

High Beam
68jpWmQ.jpg

Also is this normal?
Rcn4ds9.jpg

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
I'm hoping that's your old headlight........

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep haha. I didn't notice it last night and then I was looking at the old ones today and yeah. It's really brittle to.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Is it a bad thing if there was about 500mL of water left in the radiator? Changed the coolant. Bought hoses but they are fine. Bled it properly. Doesn't run any cooler (86c) but the anti corrosion is what I wanted any way. Hoping the water loss is just because it wasn't bled properly and the fact it was using only water. No leaks no smoke no oil in water and vice versa.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
So did you find out if that ^^ is right ?

I have my eye on a set of similar (the dark version) but having decent high beam here is important.
Puting driving/fog lights in the bumper inserts would be my answer but mine's an Acclaim so I think it's got the Exec front bar and I don't know what goes in or is behind the stock block plates on it. Any ideas ?

High beams are goods, I have the dark versions of these in the missus Calais and they work a treat.

It's not until you out in the middle of no-where and no lights about anywhere that you really see how much further the high beams throw the light.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
High beams are goods, I have the dark versions of these in the missus Calais and they work a treat.

It's not until you out in the middle of no-where and no lights about anywhere that you really see how much further the high beams throw the light.

Yeah I thought as they were smaller they would be bad but because they are some what focused they work well. No idea what globes are in it at the moment but it's awesome and white.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well looks like the inlet manifold gaskets are definitely stuffed. No idea what I want to do at this time. Thinking for just pure mang of getting a HSV body kit. Don't have anything to prove. Clubby will get a proper kit first though as she's soon to be retired to a weekend toy.

Tones

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES2
Time to fast track the engine swap?