Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dem & Wraith's HMAS VX Berliner

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Any engine that gain power by having something made of wood fitted is just plain wrong :)

Haha good one Sen. I don't know yet. Not entirely convinced about the spacers yet. If anything I will at least get some high ratio rockers for it and go from there. We don't need a really quick car because that's what the clubby is for but at the same time we don't want to get dusted by another parent from school.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Any engine that gain power by having something made of wood fitted is just plain wrong :)

If it was made of alloy would it be ok? You could buy the COME ecotec V6 plenum, it has increased runner length and increased plenum volume but costs many times more than the MACE products to achieve only marginally better results ( and that comes from the improved runner entries in the COME manifold).

Ultimately all you are doing is altering the intake runner length which moves the torque curve relative to RPM, MACE use the Bakelite product because of it's insulation properties, really it's closer to plastic than wood (just not in appearance).

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

My wife's motor gets revving.....oh never mind.

Looks like a decent pick up Wraith.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
If it was made of alloy would it be ok? You could buy the COME ecotec V6 plenum, it has increased runner length and increased plenum volume but costs many times more than the MACE products to achieve only marginally better results ( and that comes from the improved runner entries in the COME manifold).

Ultimately all you are doing is altering the intake runner length which moves the torque curve relative to RPM, MACE use the Bakelite product because of it's insulation properties, really it's closer to plastic than wood (just not in appearance).

Yea mate, steady on, just a friendly jibe :) all good. I have also had a V6 in a VS years back, just taking the mickey.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Perfect beast for sleeper duties, nice score.

All the little bits, exhaust, intake, insulator and tune (including taking the trans out of full retard mode) will save you guys a bunch off the fuel budget long term. I saved $1k in 12 months (pre FI). Any extra output I'm not sure the human arse can feel :p

I agree, definitely diff, 'vette servo (and trans cooler), if you want a noticeable kick in the pants.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah we will get there eventually. New job has meant I have taken a pretty decent pay hit which is never fun so with the boys here next month things will be fun.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well gave the VX a quick check over. It has nolathene where the Z bar bolts up so that's interesting. No trans cooler. Boo. Also nice oil leak from the filter which is great. Got a genuine service pack off ebay so will wait for that to arrive then make time to get the coolant, oil etc. Still happy with it. Also need to get the damn ants off the back window because it looks stupid. Also dem won't let me even swap rims for a look.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Still no idea what to do with the headlights. The hazing is one the inside so looks like new ones are on order. I love the projector style ones but it seems the high beam isn't as good which I guess doesn't matter that much. Not sure if I want chrome or black either. Chrome would work better with the grill and silver colour I think. Opinions?