Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dem's Clubby

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
When you go from park or neutral into reverse or drive. Put it back to park or neutral. Fine. IAC works you can hear it open and close with the filter off. Idle just drops and yeah stalls.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Can you get me a copy of the tune?

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh and shockingly we are going to run a BF single fan. Still a heck of a lot neater then the big clutch fan and should work pretty effectively. I could get a copy of the tune probably but I don't know how the tuner would feel that's all.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well. Big long drive. Seems good now. So work that out. Got rid of the charcoal canister. Idled like crap had issues. Now have teed the fuel reg and map together. Dodgy bolt in hose on other barb. Works good. Cars.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
She's perfect now. No more surge issues at around the 80km mark, no more stalling, no more raising her ass at the lights lol. Huge relief for me since driving the mazda on the highway for half hour each way every week to the hospital was a little scary. No up and go what so ever at that speed if I need it.

She's back at the mechanics this weekend. Drivers side tie rod and wheel alignment Friday then fuel pump, oil change, diff oil change, gearbox service, rocker cover gaskets and he's even going to paint the rocker covers too lol. Really sucks having to pay someone to do it all but I'm limited on what I can do now and he's cheap as. Best of all he's happy for us to provide all parts and fluids so Wraith went a little nuts yesterday at auto one.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
It's awesome. She's purring like a kitten and is finally happy. Wraith just needs to tidy up those back vacuum hoses when he has time.

She'll be in attendance for the wedding in two weeks too. Getting a pro out to come give her a full detail so she looks all shiny :D

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Very nice work, I still remember when the LS1's came out, my poor little 185 would hold its own at that first hit of the throttle across the lights, then the LS legs would eat me alive. Such a great car. Other day I pulled up alongside one, and seriously daydreamed about buying a solid original condition one as a daily.

Good to see you posting btw, thought you may have done a runner on Wraith and weren't letting on ha ha. 2 weeks, man that's scary close, good luck with it all :)

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Lol its a pretty awesome thing when the guy with the porsche as his daily says he thinks about buying a stock 185 for a runabout. You are most definitely one of a kind Gary :)

I wouldn't do that lol. I've just been rather worn out and too tired to even bother with much except fb on my phone, damn energy vampires. I've pretty much had to leave everything in Wraiths hands with the clubby. Not that he seems to mind, cant imagine why :p Err yes 2 weeks and I still haven't done everything eeep!

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Never ever been accused of being "just normal" ha ha. Just take this advice from someone who didn't on their big day, make sure YOU enjoy the day (all of it). Do whatever YOU want, whenever you want, do stuff to make Wraith happy, he is the one that matters. Stuff anyone else, they will look after themselves. I spent too much time worrying over this or that, the in-laws, the speach bla bla. In the end its your day, people will enjoy themselves if you do, if they don't they weren't ever going to...