Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Depressed people...

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
People say im depressed I tell em to get get ****ed I was always the guy that got picked on at school I got angry got into fights not that it changed anything finally I realised that no matter how much I fight people they aren't gunna stop I've become indifferent I do have a rather morbid outlook on life sometimes I have anxiety attacks I don't have many friends but the ones I have I value so much so in some respects im happy the way I am I have great friends that understand me on the downside most new people I meet I scare away or am rude to them cos that's just the way I am I do still get angry I try not to as last time it almost lost me my job

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
I think there's depression - the chemical imbalance, and being depressed - the temporary state of mind.

The chemical imbalance - as I see it, results in people treating the bad things in life as an everyday occurrence. For instance - I have a really good mate who would ring me and say "Are you dead yet ?", to which my answer would be not yet, the kettles on. We often joked that if it wasn't for death we would kill ourselves. I thought it was funny. he thought it was funny. It wasn't really serious, but at the core of it there was a feeling that sometimes the world would be better off if I was dead.

I think the warning signs of true depression, is treating death and the down side of life as an every day occurrence. to expect the bad things. I't wouldn't suprise me if that bloke everyone things of as a major pessimist is depressed.

The temporary state of mind type depressed person has as many highs as lows, and looks forward to good things as well as runs away from the bad things. If the person your talking to was high as a kite and looking forward to friday nights party when you spoke to them yesterday, and now is in the dumps and talking about offing themselves because yet another partner has dumped them, then I think they are temporarily depressed.

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I'm diagnosed with depression. It goes hand in hand with an anxiety disorder i've suffered from all my life. Since the anxiety disorder isnt "curable" per se i suspect i'll have to be medicated long-term.

Unfortunately for me, diagnosis was put off longer than it should have been because my GP was an old bloke that didnt think my anxiety was anything to worry about. In the years following i took to drug use as a way of self medicating and having fun that i otherwise couldn't experience. This evidently compounded my problems as it only fed my paranoia.

It was only when i changed GP's that i got the help i needed in the way of medication and psychs. It was shortly later that i stopped using for relationship reasons and because i thought i was becoming schitzophrenic. As a result i had a problem with anger and violence so i was prescribed tranquilisers. The relationship shortly fell through and i OD'd on the tranquilisers.

Fast forward to now and i don't require tranquilisers but am still on happy pills at my doctors request while seeing a psych. I'm a completely different person to what i was and i'm pretty happy with my life. :yeah:

Morticia

I aim to misbehave
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Series 2
I Had a friend end his life. And yet he was the most selfless person I had ever met. A lot of people use it these days as a cry for attention... which makes the people who really need help look like the rest of them...

Most of the time depression can be fixed by a better diet, exersize and better social interaction. It has been proven that if you are lacking in certain vitamins you feel sluggish and moody and depressed.

But then there are some cases where you could have the perfect life and yet you feel hopeless because you are genetically pre-dispositioned to have depression because of chemical imbalances in your body. But usually these people know this and get fixed for it.

I have found that my mums side suffers from it and so do I (yes I have been diagnosed) But I dont listen to it and I try my hardest to get through my "Black days". I am better lately but I do have my moments. In high school I didnt know what was wrong with me and I thought I was a freak until I talked to mum and found that it ran in the family. I tried once to take my life... i got help because I didnt want to hurt my family.

I bet if you get those people that are "depressed" and make them do a bit of exersize and get fresh air... they would feel a lot better. Cause it is being over diagnosed and the Docs are all to eager to give out happy pills to everyone.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
lots more people experience depression than admit it. i had a bad run a few years back where i wasn't going anywhere in life. after a big night out on E i woke up the next day shaking life a leaf and in an absolute panic. couldn't figure out what the hell was going on, couldn't snap out of it so went to see the doctor after about a week of sleepless hell and got prescribed antidepressants.

i overcame that but severe anxiety is really scary as you don't know what the hell is going on, why it's happening or how to fix it. people say you're weak but to me that doesn't make sense - you could say the same thing about cancer sufferers. trust me, when it happens, you can't just snap out of it. i overcame it by fixing up my life. that took time but achieving stuff, professionally and personally, was the key to bringing the chemicals in my brain back into balance.

everyone's brain works differently but for me the lesson was clear - my brain doesn't like me living like a drug taking, low achieving loser and it rebels when i try.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Attempting suicide is just for attention, seriously how ****ing hard is it to kill yourself if you really want to do it.
If you really want to suicide you are a truly selfish prick, look how many people are out there battling for there lives with cancer and other diseases, yet people think its ok to go and end theirs, its disgusting.

I've known people who have suicided, I didn't go to there funeral cause I go to a funeral to pay respect to someone, i cant pay respect to someone so selfish and disgraceful.

Sure people get depressed, but this whole "emo scene" I see more and more teenagers depressed about nothing, it just seems to be the cool thing and helps them fit in if they act depressed. Ill admit I will get depressed about stuff, but I get over it and move on, you cant get anywhere if your negative and depressed and there's always a brighter side to everything.

Look I half agree with that comment, say the family you would leave behind but sometimes its just to hard, I am going through some seriously f##ked up s##t steming from what happend to me and also what I did when I was a kid (personal) and contemplated suicide a fair few times as I get in a deep pit of depression and it just seems that people pick up on it and play on it making it worse so in essence leaving you no comfort zone except solitude which anyone that`s been seriously depressed can tell you is no comfort zone.
that does not make me selfish as its hard to talk to people about it and you are mostly angery with you self and your choices and you feel suicide is the only real answer as it will take all the pain away.
It comes and goes and even someone saying something near by say at work can shoot me down off a reasonably good day.
this was hard to write as I am a bottle it up sort of guy, so yer selfishness
would be eating all of a block of chocolate to yourself in a house full of kids, not trying to get some pain relief from a hopeless situation.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
42% Home made Burbon.... Certainly helps kills some things inside yourself. I haven't been in a relationship for 3 years.... I hate it as i look at my friends and they seem to be settling down with the one that they will spend forever with. I go through life hating each day even though i don't show it. I' am very strong minded and hearted. I tell people what i think in the right way. If someone is going to say something to me that i don't like I' am going to say something back 10times more hurtful.

Most days i have no one to talk to, because parents are at work for 10 - 12 hours each day. Friends don't want to come and see me.. If they do its only because i need to go get something. I'm living out the middle of nowhere.

I don't go to bed until 2.00 every morning and up at 11.00, I eat and drink way to much Junk food and not enough Healthy food. I struggled through school with **** all help from anyone. Have always found it hard to get a job and hold onto it.

Always seem to be one that cops all the crap from friends and society. In November 2007 I had my older brothers father in law die then the next day my pop die. I can't cry, no matter how painful something might be physical or emotional... I have a lot of hate and anger built up inside of me and I there is no way of letting it out... The only temporary solution for me is Alcohol which sort of helps as it seems to kill things inside of me

Who wants to come and get pissed with me?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Mumboman I've never had a drink or a smoke or done much junk food, but grab a tent and go and live in it on the Northern coast for a year, when things are going bad doing something like that works wonders I did that myself once, good times for sure. I will never forget the sunny days and Euro girls I spent them with. I was pretty random back then. I'd be walking around in say... Sydney late in the night and not being able to find a place to stay would just jump on the next bus to anywhere and sleep on that :) wake up in some new exciting town and repeat. I was an excellent travler there for a while

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
panic attacks I had a few biggies but learnt fast that your best cure is fight them not flight. Panic attack won’t hurt you. If you keep being scared of them, you will keep getting them they’re like a shadow will follow you around. If you have a panic attack just embrace it, enjoy it , say bring it on ,it will blow over. If you run away , blow in a paper bag It makes them worse, it’s a shot of adrenaline, I have all got rid of them by adopting that attitude Definitely don’t mask it with meds, abit of courage and facing it head will go along way.

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
No matter how bad things get , be it panic attacks or depression, talking to someone neutral can be hugely beneficial, I was diagnosed as a clinical depressive about 18 years ago , the psychiatrist said I’d probably had it for years