Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Depressed people...

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
Its great to hear stories of people receiving the help they need and getting better :thumbsup: Im glad for you hunter. I think many people who are depressed dont understand that their is so much help out there that doesnt involve being drugged up for the rest of your life. Often all it takes is a small intensive treatment period and follow up checks to kick start a positive life again.

it does work if you try hard enough. i know some people who have been through it and got through it as i did..... i know some that still suffer from it to this day.
Usually the very last thing that a person who is genuinely depressed needs to hear is somebody telling them to "cheer up" it only makes matters worse. Talking and support go some way towards helping.......

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
Yeah I get that, no no no no no feeling once in a while too. I'll even say that :S, it doesn't last long, just have to stop seeing/doing what caused it and I'm all good. I'm pretty good on the self control

that does help...... i find putting myself under pressure will sometimes bring it on, but i have learned to "counsel" myself when it happens and i usually get over it. If not, i stop doing what i was doing to bring it on and remove myself from it altogether like i have done in the past.
Sometimes the politics from within the brigade of which i am captain can start it off.... but i usually counter it by doing something else to take my mind off it. I had a couple of major anxiety attacks last year while organising a charity ride to raise funds for SIDS.... luckily i wasn't doing it all alone and another guy who was organising it with me helped me get over it.
It's not always a life sentence.....

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I thought the same man, everyone I knew that had depression was a teenage young 20's female that was overweight or just wasn't having fun with life.

Then my old boy got it, great job, nothing to complain about with family life, great house, no debts, good friends. Then one day he comes out and tells us that while he was away for work he was that upset he nearly took his own life. I'm bloody thankful he didn't of course. And I'm glad he told us, otherwise we never would have known.

Now he's on medication and he's a completely different person. He's very emotional, I think that's part of what he's trying to do though, on top of that he snaps over little things - it's taken a lot on my part to not stir him up like I used too.

But yeah, one of the first cases that I've been close enough too, to be able to see that it's legit and very f*cking serious.

Thats true, never had anyone really over the age of 20 talk to me about it but to be honest, id take it more serious if its someone i have known as a stable person my whole life and not doing it to "fit in" with the typical emo scene...
Probably didn't help that its always been the attention seekers that have talked to me about it so thats probably why i tell them to grow up and think about the people they would hurt rather then trying to hurt themselves..

foo27

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss series1
For twenty years now I have been classed as a Manic depressive with violent tendencies. I have a balanced medication plan which includes time off my meds, sometimes these are easy to deal with sometimes I have to move out of my home to protect my wife and kids. My wife and I both know when this is needed and there is no animosity when it happens. I have no control of my temper and mood swings and most of the time I have no idea what happened. I have never attempted suicide (to the best of my knowledge) but I have managed to do serious damage to myself. I can't complain with life I have two great kids a wife a home a job, but i still have this condition. People who meet me don't see a problem they just think i'm quite or shy, not really the case but thats how I tend to come across. So just keep in mind the next person you meet could be clinicly depressed and you may NEVER know. Please don't think differently of me, I sure as hell don't. ;)

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
im probably going to regret saying this on the internet but here goes

right through primary school i was the kid that everyone bullied everyday all the kids would throw food at me and everything like that.

when i started high school i had a few girls play games with me and it reall got me down because i got kicked out of groups ect .......

so i tried taking my life i regret it so much

i got a power cable and put it around my neck
jumped out of a tree in my back yard and fell and spraind my ankle really badly

after that i took a long look at myself
i went to school the next day with a popped collar as i had bruises all around my neck and got bullied because of it

one of my chickie freinds noticed i wasnt all that well
she was quite a popular girl everyone knew her
in fact she was a model

she took me out the back of school and we talked for a bit
she said a sentence that would change my life

"ryan i dont understand why everybody bullies you your exactly like everyone else on the inside its just

that first impressions of everyone bullieing you make you look like ..... a bit weird"
i was so happy i cried

that night i went home i took a long hard look at myself
i changed who i was
i got a haircut got a new look made alot of new freinds and forgot who i used to be
i re-invented myself if you would like to put it that way

and havent looked back
i love my life now it feels so good walking around having to stop every 30 seconds because someone wants to talk to me
instead of having someone throw **** at me and laugh

i know ive blabbed on for a bit but i just wanted to share my experience

anyway on to other people

i have a freind tegan she's a short blonde swedish girl very pretty and she liked me but we were more like brother and sister not bf and gf

anywayz after her asking me out i had to say no ( i liked another chick at the time) she went skitzo

her life hadnt been too great the last couple months
and she attempted to kill herself on webcam on msn

i freaked and thought it would be all

my fault

she got really depressed and stuff (attention seeker)

we havent really spoken much after that happend

i hate to see people depressed ive got alot of mates who have been ****ed around by chicks and visa versa

hell it even happend to me 2 weeks ago

girl i liked for 3 years (like my best chickie freind) her and her bf broke up a few weeks before so i asked her out

she said yes then when i got home on msn she said she wanted a break from relationship's

so i thought to myself "give her a week or two and she'll be fine"

got back on msn 2 hours later and she was going out with some emo faggot because "he played in a metal band"

WTF?!?!?!? did she not value our freind ship at all ?!?!?!?

anywayz i have blabbed on forever its like my whole life story in here haha thanks for listening XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Farrrrk guys...

Reading this thread just brings back memories, ones i'd rather not think about, I never was quite as severe as some of the stories, (or maybe worse??)

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Anyone who says depression is a load of S*** should really do some research,

Where has anyone said its a load of ****?

What has been said is that like ADD its an over prescribed condition.

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
it can be fixed you just need a big scare in my case i ended up getting cancer when i was 16 and fighted it for 4 years it was the worst thing that can happen to someone now i look at life like most pepole dont now i have 1 boy and a nother one on the way and i was told i couldnt have kids what a lie lol. thats how i get over depression i look back at what i went trough and think f#@$ that life is to inportant to be depressed:D

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Where has anyone said its a load of ****?

What has been said is that like ADD its an over prescribed condition.

Wow, too defensive Minux...

I never said any DID say it, maybe it comes accross differently to how I ment it,

I was just generalising.. saying anyone who doesnt think its real, should look into it..

Last edited: