Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Desktop and Laptops

Which Operating System do you prefer?

• Total voters

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Using A MacBook Pro 17" 1920x1200 LCD, 2.2Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, AMD 6750M 1GB, Made From bits around the office LOL, The 8 Hour battery life is handy. Im Not complaining for a machine made from many others lol

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Ive got a pretty dope Alienware M18x that I have upgraded a lot of the parts myself. One day I will build a PC but my job at the moment means I can't lug too much stuff around with me. Not that the M18x is light of course.

Original specs as I bought it had it sitting with a Intel i7-3610QM ,16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M, Kingston 128GB SSD and Seagate 500GB HDD straight from Dells factory floor... Within a week I already started purchasing parts online to turn it into an animal, now as I am typing on it its rocking a 3920XM overclocked stable to 4.3GHz day in day out, a mildly overclocked AMD 7970m, 32GB Corsair RAM and 2 240 Corsair Force GS SSD's in RAID 0 and the 128GB SSD as an overflow drive... Very happy with the performance so far, currently testing how far the overclocks can go, I know I can push the 3920XM to 4.5GHz once I hit all the right settings...

I rock Windows 8 too and love it

Also have a 3TB Seagate external drive, 3 mouses (tteSports Theron, Razer Naga Epic, Cyborg Rat 9) a full 5.1 surround sound setup and a few other bits and pieces.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Those tiles are your start menu. You still have a complete desktop same as windows 7. And, Use the windows key on your keyboard :)

yea its just not the same as having the icon there. and when i click my start icon, it gives me everything i need. no need to take over the desktop with those pastel tiles. and for the record i have done up to a cert 4 in multimedia at tafe and everything below it. not saying i know more than you just that i know what i like. lol

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
yea its just not the same as having the icon there. and when i click my start icon, it gives me everything i need. no need to take over the desktop with those pastel tiles. and for the record i have done up to a cert 4 in multimedia at tafe and everything below it. not saying i know more than you just that i know what i like. lol

Good for you going to Tafe, I bet that helped you out a lot :)

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Mines a compact. Sometimes its turns its self off and configures its updates in the process. Once the screen turned blue, I think thats bad.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea that is very bad mate. Means something not workies properly lol

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
I got a
HP Pavlilion G6 laptop
It's got AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon HD Graphics.
4GB ram(sometimes using my GF's Ram and boosting it up to 8GB) and a 500gb HDD.
Has Win7 home premium

And got a old desktop running
2.2ghz CPU, 9600gt Nvideo graphics card
2GB Ram and like 400gb HDD (cant remember)
Has Win7 Ultimate (burnt copy)

The two computers are pretty much equal, perfomance is about the same.

I know the exact laptop your talking about. We stock them here at work for renting. Black base with gray lid and the annoying row of function keys down the left hand side lol

schoey3

Bass heads ' r ' us
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE Omega, 03 VY Exec
windows 7 OS all the way!!!