Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between a Vx ss and Vx Clubby

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
uniacidz:2147333 said:
what's the difference between a tri y and 4-1?

Try-Y better for low down response, torque etc

4-1 better mid range to up top

Personally I rather have low down response. Tis the speed range the car is generally driven it and i can always use good cats and other mods to improve up top.

Each to their own

Sent from my HTC Liberty

ok thanks heaps,
with the cat back, is it better to run a single 2.5in or twin? i guess the same can be asked for the 3in variants too. which is better, single or twin cat back?

Richie217

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 R8 Clubsport
ok thanks heaps,
with the cat back, is it better to run a single 2.5in or twin? i guess the same can be asked for the 3in variants too. which is better, single or twin cat back?

You will need a dual @ 2.5". Most people either go dual 2.5" or dual 3", a single 2.5" would be far too restrictive. I have heard good things about Sureflo's single 3.5" systems though.

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
cheers. i am wanting to go a walkinshaw 3in twin exhaust.
if i am to run that will i need new headers too? cos i am soon to put on a set of vy hsv extractors is all.

SlvrR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Clubsport R8
For The price of a walky zorst u could probably buy a full system ( headers high flow cats n twin 2.5) for same price . Go see a1 exhaust next to KTMR and get a price. Looking at 2500 for same set up i have.

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
i have found a walkinshaw cat back for $1000 brand new. but yeah id have to get the headers at some later point though.

Ill go have a chat to A1 though sometimes this week..

SlvrR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Clubsport R8
Thats ok price i spose . And the walky tips are sexy. I reckon get cats n headers tho to bump that hp up a bit. Nicer note too.

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
you been looking at headers a lot lately.

on another note, will a vy or vz cluster fit into a vx? i just like the look of those better.

SlvrR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Clubsport R8
on another note, will a vy or vz cluster fit into a vx? i just like the look of those better.

i was wondering the same thing a while ago. i heard u cant . be.good to find out for sure though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
the newer cluster looks so good.
i just wonder if its a matter of the wiring. or a matter of it won't fit. cos i could always go see the old man if its a matter of fitment, and see if he can do a custom install for me

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
the newer cluster looks so good.
i just wonder if its a matter of the wiring. or a matter of it won't fit. cos i could always go see the old man if its a matter of fitment, and see if he can do a custom install for me

I've seen guys on here transplant the full dash of a VY/VZ into a VT or a VX...can't remember which one, but it was....different, not 100% sure about just the cluster though...I think the newer clusters are a bit of a different shape.