Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference in ve ss exhaust between manual and auto with afm??

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Hi guys,

Just a quick one. Is the standard exhaust system(from the cats back) the same for both the manual and auto(AFM) VE SS, or is there some sort of difference?

Also mine is a Series 2,

thanks in advance

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
I dont think there is any reason why it wouldnt be all the same, the only difference is the AFM on the auto

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
There was a differnce in the rear mufflers, intermediate and headers when they were using L76 for Auto's (car equiped with AFM) and the Manual's which had the L98. Now I believe they are all the same at from front to rear.

Basically the AFM cars had flex joint at the rear of the intermediate just before the rear muffler bolted up and the rear muffler was a single outlet Y piece with chrome tips for the quad look. At the header end, then engine pipe (connecting to the cat) was slightly shortend to accommodate another flex joint.

On the manual there were no flex joints (either end) and the rear mufflers had a true dual pipe outlet. Can post pics if you need them...

Cheers
Phil

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Sweet, thanks guys, unfourtunetly im having to put a stock system back on, dam AFM driving me insane with modded exh.

Cheers