Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Director production delays

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Have you told them you're happy with chrome?
Can't imagine they care too much about reputation from inconsistent product supply etc given they close up in a month.
Maybe they don't have spare chrome ones..

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Have you told them you're happy with chrome?
Can't imagine they care too much about reputation from inconsistent product supply etc given they close up in a month.
Maybe they don't have spare chrome ones..
They haven't officially asked yet, and the owners I have canvassed are split between the 2.
Holden engineering are trying really hard to get it rectified

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
You would think this is something they would've sorted before releasing the model. I've heard of similar issues with certain colours not matching between body and bumpers.

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
They haven't officially asked yet, and the owners I have canvassed are split between the 2.

Hi

Could an interim solution be offered to the customers that prefer chrome or don't mind the chrome to actually be fitted with chrome moulds to at least get some of those Directors out the door and then work on attempting to fix the issue on the black side moulds with the remainder for those owners that prefer black?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hi

Could an interim solution be offered to the customers that prefer chrome or don't mind the chrome to actually be fitted with chrome moulds to at least get some of those Directors out the door and then work on attempting to fix the issue on the black side moulds with the remainder for those owners that prefer black?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
Think it will be harder to manage the fix, if all cars go out to customers. Ask yourself, do you really want a dealership service centre trying to fix the part, or pro's at the factory who know what they are doing to fix it and take care?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
They should fit energy polariser which will in return on molecular level make the moulds stiffer and stay on properly. Nothing to lose hey

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Think it will be harder to manage the fix, if all cars go out to customers. Ask yourself, do you really want a dealership service centre trying to fix the part, or pro's at the factory who know what they are doing to fix it and take care?

Hi

I was actually thinking that the customers that agree to the chrome moulds actually have them fitted at the Holden factory before the cars leave so they have been fitted by the pro's and then work on a solution for whatever directors remain at the Holden plant for those customers that want black, this way I bet at least half go out the door...perhaps a lot more than half considering the eager buyers waiting for their cars.

Would love to see a picture of that many directors in the yard!

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Hi

Regards,

RTSV6UTE
I agree, that would be a decent solution, I hereby vote chrome for my black one, but having said that I see the guys with the black roof quite rightly wanting black mouldings

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
I agree, that would be a decent solution, I hereby vote chrome for my black one, but having said that I see the guys with the black roof quite rightly wanting black mouldings
Well, Chrome mouldings it is, Holden have sent out confirmation to the dealers today outlining the plan is to go chrome, and if Black gets sorted and becomes available down the track that can have them fitted retrospectively. They are hoping/ expecting to have all delivered by the end of Oct. all Directors that have been delivered already will stay with the Black, no recall as such