Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disable Alarm

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
So why did my alarm go off last week when it was parked on the grass out front.
I left the windows down a few cms because it was hot. It was parked there for an hour or two and then it gave a couple of random chirps. A few minutes later the alarm fully went off!
I seem to recall that it's done it before, maybe a year ago. Oh no, that was when my son was in the car when I went to pay for fuel and he opened the door to get out! Battery has been replaced 2 or 3 years ago.
I'm just glad it's never happened at night!

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
So why did my alarm go off last week when it was parked on the grass out front.
I left the windows down a few cms because it was hot. It was parked there for an hour or two and then it gave a couple of random chirps. A few minutes later the alarm fully went off!
I seem to recall that it's done it before, maybe a year ago. Oh no, that was when my son was in the car when I went to pay for fuel and he opened the door to get out! Battery has been replaced 2 or 3 years ago.
I'm just glad it's never happened at night!
You didnt pocket press the horn button on the key did you? Hold the button down until the car chirps and it will be quiet again after like 3-5 chrips. Keep holding and you’ll set the panic alarm off.
Combine that button with a key fob model that is verging on the world record for distance and I had a frantic call from my boss telling me I had to turn my a** around in the work car and do a drive by to shut my personal car up.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
The main thing to worry about as Sabbaths pic shows, is the closeness of the vehicles. Make sure you tuck your mirrors in when leaving your vehicle, because you will have a lot of people squeezing in between carrying all sorts of bags and sh1t when making their way up to the decks and back again on arrival.
Do your self a favour if you don’t want to suffer high anxiety, get out of your car as soon as you are allowed and make your way out of the vehicle loading deck. Because if you don’t, you will only do as I do, and that is grind my teeth as steam comes from my ears whilst I grimace at any f@#ker that brushes alongside my car whilst holding some kind of abrasive fecking handbag, holdall, wicker basket or whatever.

And just to let you know, I’ve been on that boat ten times there and back and I swear it’s the reason my hair is grey!
... and not the 12m swells on Bass strait? (been twice and blimey! :rolleyes: , so I fly these days as the boat trip raises my blood pressure)

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
The main thing to worry about as Sabbaths pic shows, is the closeness of the vehicles. Make sure you tuck your mirrors in when leaving your vehicle, because you will have a lot of people squeezing in between carrying all sorts of bags and sh1t when making their way up to the decks and back again on arrival.

To be fair, at least in Sabbath's pic they won't be squeezing past!

Cheers all, looking forward to the trip. Going with four other car mates, and my first time over there, so should be a good laugh.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
To be fair, at least in Sabbath's pic they won't be squeezing past!

Cheers all, looking forward to the trip. Going with four other car mates, and my first time over there, so should be a good laugh.
Yeah we've flown a couple of times as well. It's a fantastic place and the people are chilled. Have great time, regardless of my warnings:)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah we've flown a couple of times as well. It's a fantastic place and the people are chilled. Have great time, regardless of my warnings:)
A mate has a story from Tassie, from a few years back.
He took his Cayman GT4 on the ferry, a couple of other mates took their cars, and while enjoying a road at mumbledy-km over the limit (lose license most states & if it’d been in VIC 20yrs ago probably shot dead) he came over a bit of a hill to see a policeperson going the other way.
Was pulled over, cop was very professional, issued a warning.
An hour or so more driving that day, stayed at a nice B&B overnight, then filled up at a servo the next morning on the way out of town. Servo employee said “Oh you’re the guy Bob pulled over yesterday arvo?”.
:)
Don’t get caught doing anything you don’t want all of Tasmania to know about … :D

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Hard to find in Vic. as well, unless you like sweet potato.
I've been eating frozen chips from Coles out of the oven most nights, since they were suddenly back in stock last week. (Northern Beaches). What a luxury to have them again.
Mind you, the price has gone up with a wallop.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
He took his Cayman GT4 on the ferry, a couple of other mates took their cars, and while enjoying a road at mumbledy-km over the limit (lose license most states & if it’d been in VIC 20yrs ago probably shot dead) he came over a bit of a hill to see a policeperson going the other way.
An hour or so more driving that day, stayed at a nice B&B overnight, then filled up at a servo the next morning on the way out of town. Servo employee said “Oh you’re the guy Bob pulled over yesterday arvo?”.
Don’t get caught doing anything you don’t want all of Tasmania to know about … :D
Yeah it’s a bit like that. The worst thing about going to Tassie on the boat is that it’s a waste of two days of your holidays. We soon learned after two daytime crossings it was better to go on the night crossings.
Board ship 7.30pm, put your wash gear in your cabin, then hit the bar. Sink half a dozen or so, then retire to bed nice and relaxed. Alight ship around 6am the following morning and your first day is just beginning:)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Went to Tassie on a school excursion in the mid 70's, can't remember if it was the Princess of Tasmania, or the Empress of Australia.
Was one of eight students that got invited to the bridge to go out through the Port Phillip Heads.
Was rough to start with, and just got rougher...
There was an inclinometer on the rear bulkhead, when it started swinging off scale the captain decided it was time to extend the stabilizers.
Made absolutely no f*cking difference....
I was the only student that wasn't sick, as I was too **** scared to be sick. I had a death grip on the handrail...

Never again!

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Well of course…aren’t they all related down there? (just something I’ve heard more than once ;))