Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do i need a amp for my speakers??

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
what sub and amp?

the other thing is that speakers mounted in the parcel shelf will get badly abused by the pressure created by the sub in the boot.
they are both pioneer, the sub is TS-W309D4 with RMS 400 watts and peak 1400watts and amp is GM-6500F with 60Wx4 RMS.

what is the parcel shelf? is that under the rear window??

asho167

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Bought those same speakers on Monday for my VZ, installed the same day, running them without an amp, and they sound great. Honestly, best speakers I've ever owned. But I never go beyond certain prices.
The Amp will be a great addition to your speakers however, they handle very well without it.

As for your sub, Just get a mono block, sounds great.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Indeed under the rear window, think of it as a rear dashboard.

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
ah ok. so what should i do to help stop the pressure from the sub abusing my speakers?

Randymate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Bought those same speakers on Monday for my VZ, installed the same day, running them without an amp, and they sound great. Honestly, best speakers I've ever owned. But I never go beyond certain prices.
The Amp will be a great addition to your speakers however, they handle very well without it.

As for your sub, Just get a mono block, sounds great.

Well im not doing the setup in one hit, ill put the head unit in and at the same time re-wire the whole audio system. and if i have the rear speakers ill put them in at the same time too. then ill do the door vr/vs pods with the tweeters in the dash speaker part. then amp. and finnally a sub that i want to reverse mount if i can... hopefully it all come together.

anybody have any idea on where to get a decent re-wiring kit??

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
went to repco for a a quote on the amp and sub, the sub is about $270 inc freight. and amp is $300. then i went on went on ebay US and found the sub for $180 inc postage and warrenty and amp for $220 inc postage and warrenty.

$199 from JB Hifi for the Pioneer 309 sub, I don't think you'd have an issue offering them a bit less.

For an amp, I'd get the 4x100 watt ReSponse amp for $230, will give the sub ~350watts, which is pretty reasonable.

Or if on a budget, consider second hand ;)