Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you like or hate the new Commodore?

Do you like the new style Commodore?

• Total voters

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
The plan was to run my SV6 into the ground, sell it for scrap and buy a new SS about 10 years from now, but after the v8 Commodore disappears there is really nothing left in the line-up that interests me. I'll stick with my home grown SV6 thanks, I'll buy a few donor cars when they're cheap enough and just keep on keeping on... Reckon I can get to a million kms? lets find out.

you could beat that man in the States who has a million klicks on his Volvo P1800 , keep it well maintained and who knows.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
I think GM has done there homework, it's the future.
There is no money in making V8's not to mention that's the way things are going that people will not be able to afford a V8, the future is all boring as bat **** and people will buy any rubbish nowadays, look at it this way the media push something and most people will just swallow it, look at gay marriage for example, they can change the definition of a word, bastardise it in fact and most fools will swallow it because of their blind ignorance, Climate change is another just swallowed by hype and spin, Global warming they called it first then had to back peddle from that because there is no factual proof at all.
It all comes down to how many boring dull people there are or what one can afford.
Look at the USA the garbage cars they made, big front wheel drive floating barge poll junk and people bough them. it's just transport to most people, not drivers cars at all.

RTS is dead, them days are over and we had people complaining about the VB Commodore back in the day, because so many were just hopeless drivers and then we went down the track of helping crappy drivers and it all started with all the ABS etc and most love it.

If you look back at the junk that Australians drove until the first XR V8 Falcon came out and then the HK V8 Holden that's when enjoying to drive a car started and many people were interested in such a thing, even most people would watch Bathurst even 70 year old mums, it was a big deal back then but now not many could give a hoot about it at all.

Times are changing, GM and Ford are not going to make drivers cars anymore.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
I remember when the new VC Commodore 4 cyl came out, this new neighbour next door to a mate was boasting of this brand new yellow VC starfire 4 cyl wagon automatic, I remember just looking at him and it.
Now that must of been the first time I met him because the second time I remember seeing him I was thinking just what a poor miserable hen pecked bloke he was and I was shocked to see the bloke the first time and the second time is still etched into my databank, it was horrific, it was somehow a prelude to men in 2017. I felt like saying leave him alone ye stupid bitch to his wife but they were like 30 so years older then me and his fat son was a twerp that though he was some type of cop at 15yo, the kid got the shits because I called him wormy and his mum was not impressed about that at all and tried to set my mates mum and dad against me, but they agreed I was fully justified in my opinion and my mates dad said that he regret ever meeting that old reptile.

Reaction score
Website
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
Members Ride
VEII SV6
I remember when the new VC Commodore 4 cyl came out, this new neighbour next door to a mate was boasting of this brand new yellow VC starfire 4 cyl wagon automatic, I remember just looking at him and it.
Now that must of been the first time I met him because the second time I remember seeing him I was thinking just what a poor miserable hen pecked bloke he was and I was shocked to see the bloke the first time and the second time is still etched into my databank, it was horrific, it was somehow a prelude to men in 2017. I felt like saying leave him alone ye stupid bitch to his wife but they were like 30 so years older then me and his fat son was a twerp that though he was some type of cop at 15yo, the kid got the shits because I called him wormy and his mum was not impressed about that at all and tried to set my mates mum and dad against me, but they agreed I was fully justified in my opinion and my mates dad said that he regret ever meeting that old reptile.

So pretty much you bullied another kid because he was fat and wanted to be a cop...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Umm....and this is relevant to the thread how, exactly?

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
So pretty much you bullied another kid because he was fat and wanted to be a cop...
I called him out for what he was, a misrable little prick that had nothing better to do than was coming down to try to get my mate into trouble, he found a bong way down the road and claimed my mate owned it, stomped about my mates land looking for dope, we never bashed him, just called him out for what he truly was but I know of a lot of people who would of drove him just for turning up let alone him coming the heavy with my mate. I could of said his mum was a Nazi and wears jack boots.
I think wormy did not like that my mate had nice hotted up V8 cars, a bad person owns a V8 you know.nowadays pricks are around like that every where.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's people like so that the new age panders to, they are in control, you see it every where, hot fast car, oh no ! the bloke is a monster.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I suggest we keep this thread on topic!

Cause he's got to get his political views in where he can.....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It's people like so that the new age panders to, they are in control, you see it every where, hot fast car, oh no ! the bloke is a monster.

Weird. We're talking about the next Commodore and you're talking about the next World take-over.

What the hell are you smoking?

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
Weird. We're talking about the next Commodore and you're talking about the next World take-over.

What the hell are you smoking?
it's not a v8 is it and it never will be again, it's over, this is the future and it's not a political view of mine, it's a fact of reality and that's the world we live in.
The car has not come out yet but Holden know what they are doing, because they are making a car for the future.
Not to mention most people are just new age wimps, so the V8 days are gone, because not enough people to make a V8 viable is it and that's the facts behind it all.

I had pricks back in 1977 pissing on to me about V8's when I worked at a service station, they wanted V8's banned, I said my old man has a 400ci V8 and tows a trailer most of the time and it's better on fuel than any 6 cyl towing in fact.

It's all about people and the future and that is what the new commodore is all about.

I believe Holden with this commodore are on the right track for the future, I my self don't like it but that's the future.