Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS2] Dod ?!?!?!?!?

VE_SS_427

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SS
hello all..
I know that all LS-2 engines are equipped with the DOD ( Displacement On Demand ), for the Pontiac G8 its all activated, but for the Commodores not all are active, i mean the setup for it is there but the push rods are not controllable and the oil pump has a less pressure. because as it was said that if u cancel the DOD and still use the old pump it will suck the pan dry.dont know how much of that is true but i dont want to find out the hard way. lol that is what i read some where.!!!
how can i know if my Commodore is active on the DOD system ? because i am looking forward to install a New era turbo cam, so i want to know if i should include the DOD canceling kit.
its a one year project for the car, and i want to make a list of what i need. not to change the project in the end :-( u know what i mean guys....

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
No VE SS has come out with an LS2 engine for starters. The auto has the L76 donk (AFM) and the manual has the L98. The LS2 was an HSV engine, coming in with the later VZ HSVs then the first VE HSVs.

mi04se1

need for speed
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8GT
LS2 never had DoD, only L76.

VE_SS_427

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SS
aaaaa.... ok i sound soooo stupid lol....
now what i have is a 2007 commodore ve ss with a 4L60E auto trans., and as for you guys i have L76, that means i do have the DOD thingy...
and if i may ask how can i tell the engine type if it was an LS2 or an L76 or L98.. is there a certain code ?

VE_SS_427

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SS
sorry to let u down SAMO... but it is a 4L60E 4 speed transmission, it comes to the middle east on a 4L60E 4 speed and a Y6 for the manual 6 speed..

VE_SS_427

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SS
over here the car is under the badge of Chevy, Lumina SS...
L76 6.0 engine, 4L60E 4 speed trany, 3.27 rear diff. ratio... leather, sunroof...etc. lol
i'll post the pictures and the part numbers of what is on the car later.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
In theory yours should be DOD capable but why would you want it?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
The gear for DoD was there from the VZ. Is too expensive to worry about even trying to turn it on.

VE_SS_427

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SS
I dont want the DOD :-( i just want to know if i have it or not, because if i don't then i will order only the cam and accessories. but if it's fitted wit DOD then i have to order the cancellation kit and that is more expensive. i live in the middle east and the risk is not something i like to take cuz if get something wrong am stuck with it lol.