Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does it look like I wanna race?

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Yeah they would wooped if they went against the Audi. I saw a vid of a race between a late Audi and a late Porsche and the Audi won hands down and I'm talking an annihilation....

Yeah the S5 is a massive sleeper. Has a stage 1 Apr tune on it c/ 450bhp. In cool weather I wouldn’t be surprised if it got to 100kmh well below 4sec just by simply pressing the accelerator to the floor and hanging on. Haven’t tried the launch control as yet. But enough rambling about Audi as it’s not really a drivers car.

Trig u attract the wrong kind of attention. Nothing worse than getting admiring glances from young bogans. I’d prefer attention from early 20’s slim Asian girls.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Trig u attract the wrong kind of attention. Nothing worse than getting admiring glances from young bogans. I’d prefer attention from early 20’s slim Asian girls.
I live in a tough neighbourhood, and it’s a relatively small city....but I don’t care to have a go unless it interests me. I wouldn’t bother trying an S5, they’re a good car unopened, let alone worked. I couldn’t get the power down...need more hook up.

Frank Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC COMMODORE/HT Premier
The issue on saturday morning was some CLOWN comes tearing up behind me doin the accelerate/brake thing,then he has to emergency brake cos he wasn't watching the traffic lights....and rolling a ciggie.
I went for milk and a paper,not have car written off.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
The issue on saturday morning was some CLOWN comes tearing up behind me doin the accelerate/brake thing,then he has to emergency brake cos he wasn't watching the traffic lights....and rolling a ciggie.
I went for milk and a paper,not have car written off.
It’s very common up here too...people riding your back end and getting quite overworked.... that’s just a power game, which is a weakness.

Frank Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC COMMODORE/HT Premier
These fellas must be such easy prey for the unmarked Highway Patrol haha

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

The few times I have seen the youngen's in their ricers do it I think if only the police would pull them over. I see it about as many times walking as I don't drive all that often. I see guys in their ricers hoon through orange and sometimes red lights at 80kph once a week when I'm about to cross at two these two intersections. Unfortunately I never get the privilege of having one soar past me and then get pulled over.... What also sucks is our lack of red light cameras. Wellington St alone inn Launceston needs 3 or 4 to stop the red light runners....

Last edited:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute

Is good fun when you see them flying up behind you and suddenly they slow down.
The joys of factory fitted reflective side stripes :p

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
you're driving too close to bogans, this happens to me anytime i drive into a bogan area. Whenever i am near home it does not. I just ignore them.

I quite often drive in the lower economic area and still don't get people wanting to race me....Not that I'd entertain them...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What also sucks is our lack of red light cameras. Wellington St alone inn Launceston needs 3 or 4 to stop the red light runners....

Can't see the purpose of red light cameras....Run a red light and get the fine 2 or 3 weeks later.

There are a few prangs not far from me at a cross road....The camera is in the 80 KPH zone and the cross road is a 50 KPH zone....Surprise surprise, it has a red light camera, but hasn't reduced the prangs