Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does it look like I wanna race?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can't see the purpose of red light cameras....Run a red light and get the fine 2 or 3 weeks later.

There are a few prangs not far from me at a cross road....The camera is in the 80 KPH zone and the cross road is a 50 KPH zone....Surprise surprise, it has a red light camera, but hasn't reduced the prangs
never seen accidents on the places im referring too. Plus that wasnt my point. I get annoyed by the way people here blatantly floor it on the orange light. Whether it makes a diff or not my point is the idiots on the road will at least get punished for driving like wankers.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
never seen accidents on the places im referring too. Plus that wasnt my point. I get annoyed by the way people here blatantly floor it on the orange light. Whether it makes a diff or not my point is the idiots on the road will at least get punished for driving like wankers.

Yes, they need to be punished for driving like wankers, but how is a fine in the mail 3 weeks later going to teach them the lesson straight up? They can always boot the fine over to a mate/relative or something and keep going....Generally an on the spot fine works better, because they wear it and can't palm it off to someone else, but it is difficult for that to happen

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Agree on the spot is the go but catching the wankers in the act is another thing. I think you sorta said that in a way. Probably same everywhere, people who hoon seem to rarely get caught.

Frank Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC COMMODORE/HT Premier
Agree on the spot is the go but catching the wankers in the act is another thing. I think you sorta said that in a way. Probably same everywhere, people who hoon seem to rarely get caught.
Thats why cops hand out defects to young fellas,cos they know what they usually get up to.....oh and the bald tyres on stock rear wheels,"what ya pickin on me for"

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thats why cops hand out defects to young fellas,cos they know what they usually get up to.....oh and the bald tyres on stock rear wheels,"what ya pickin on me for"

Would you believe, I find the worst offenders for bald tyres are actually older people, with nice shiny newish cars (newish as in under 10 years old)....

Being an older person, that drives older cars, it actually annoys me when it comes out in the news, coppers are after older cars to defect....They should look at newer cars and especially the European ones...They are the worse offenders

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Women car owners are generally the worst culprits for having bald tyres. Most women hate spending money on cars and that why I always laugh when someone selling a car puts "lady owner" in the ad. To me that says avoid at all cost....

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Women car owners are generally the worst culprits for having bald tyres. Most women hate spending money on cars and that why I always laugh when someone selling a car puts "lady owner" in the ad. To me that says avoid at all cost....

i read it as no maintenance done.

Frank Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC COMMODORE/HT Premier
I agree but the women and oldies aren't doin skids,they're just being tight arses.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON