Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does series 2 bimodal exhaust drone if open permanently?

Scott Cook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline SS
2017 VF SS Redline series 2 /W547
No drone,Just Super car sound!

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
@Jackel I have a very similar unit to what ron posted, I just got one big button that does on/off and have it velcro mounted next to the power window switches. I love it although its almost always open anyway. 18 mustang onwards also has a bimodal exhaust which you cant set timers and partial open valves, its great but the mustang is a fair bit louder stock.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
@Jackel I have a very similar unit to what ron posted, I just got one big button that does on/off and have it velcro mounted next to the power window switches. I love it although its almost always open anyway. 18 mustang onwards also has a bimodal exhaust which you cant set timers and partial open valves, its great but the mustang is a fair bit louder stock.
Im having issues with pulling the relay. Im using force but its not budging. I dont want to break it.
Is there a technique or another button to press first so the relay can pop out easier?

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
it just pops out. i dont remember it being difficult.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Im having issues with pulling the relay. Im using force but its not budging. I dont want to break it.
Is there a technique or another button to press first so the relay can pop out easier?
Pull the fuse instead

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
It's in the boot This one.
boot fuses.jpg

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE

May I ask which kind you have and does it override Mylink? If you hit the OFF button then shut the car down is it still off when you next start the car?

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
May I ask which kind you have and does it override Mylink? If you hit the OFF button then shut the car down is it still off when you next start the car?

its basically the mylink option + always open

so mylink off = closed + always open
or mylink on = auto (open idle, closed 1500-3000, open) + always open

i didnt get mine off ebay, was a guy on one of the vf facebook groups was making them, cost me about $90 shipped i think

and yeah, whatever you leave it in, stays for next start

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
its basically the mylink option + always open

so mylink off = closed + always open
or mylink on = auto (open idle, closed 1500-3000, open) + always open

i didnt get mine off ebay, was a guy on one of the vf facebook groups was making them, cost me about $90 shipped i think

and yeah, whatever you leave it in, stays for next start

I have this one.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/303465300638

It doesn't do what i thought it would. The remote won't do anything if you tick the sports exhaust in Mylink.
For the remote to work you have to uncheck the exhaust option then you can open and close the valves by pressing the buttons. For some reason though if you uncheck the exhaust in Mylink and close the valves with the remote then shut the car off, the next time you start of the car the valves are open again.

I want one like you and @abuch47 seem to have that will open and close with a press of a button, and will still be closed on next start up if that was selected before turning the car off.

Last edited: