Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does the Calais have Puddle Lamps

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks for the replies...
It seems the HELPFUL advice from OLD-Mate was on the ball.

The only time they work is if u UNLOCK the car with the key fob.

One would think there would be some mention of it in the manual....

Oh well at least they do work, but they would be handy too if they came on when exiting just to give a bit more light when leaving the car.

Thanks again.

ON another subject, how much wind noise are owners experiencing if they have a dodgy door rubber?

( no spelling mistakes ?) :thumbsup:

Glad you got it figured out Ozzy.

Wind noise from the drivers door is louder than the passenger door. There is a leak there, but still not too bad, in fact better than any of my VE's, which were ok too. As the VF's are so quiet any sound seems to be amplified! I'll mention it at the 15,000k service coming up in a few weeks, to see what the go is. There are quite a few posts in other threads on this.

BTW - Don't worry about the spelling!!!! I'm sure like me the other blokes were just pi$sing around. Nothing personal. We all make plenty!!! of spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes when posting. This isn't a language and grammar forum, so as long as it's readable and not too ambiguous that's all that matters. Punctuation is the biggest help in this regard hey.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
What in the hell is key FOB.....is it F**K off B*****D ?????????????....according to the English Dictionary...FOB is "a little pocket for a watch "....cannot see how a key relates to being a " little pocket "....come on fella's lets use some Aussie Words.....Ok You can say " Fob Watch ".....but please get your words the right way round and say " Fob Key "

Enlightening as always J Bells. I thought you were only meant to appear once a year?
What was I saying about grammar and punctuation? :hmmm:

J

Jingle Bells

Enlightening as always J Bells. I thought you were only meant to appear once a year?
What was I saying about grammar and punctuation? :hmmm:

Thank you for your posting....it is twice per year...... I will have hundreds to reply to before Xmas in July!....that's if Aust. Post is still operational and not outsourced to Tasmania.

Y

Yarsii

There's a service fix out for drivers door rubber seal wind noise.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I think there may be some confusion as to which lights actually constitute 'puddle lights'. It is my understanding that the lights under the mirrors are classified as part of the 'approach lighting' hence the reason they activate when the doors are unlocked.

The 'puddle lights' are actually mounted under the front doors, when open, (at least on my VE Calais V anyway) and point directly at the ground (hence the name 'puddle lights). These are the ones that come on when the doors are opened in dark conditions. The globes themselves aren't terribly bright, hence the reason for the lack of illumination (LED's help..) but they are definitely there. I can't comment on their existence on any other models however..hope this helps a bit :)

Edit: Just realised this post is in the VF section (I have a VE and found thread through the search function..) so it may or may not be relevant..sorry!

Last edited:

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Puddle lights are actually the lights at the bottom of the mirrors and they are only available on the calais V as per the brochure spec sheet. There are also lights at the bottom all doors but not sure if they are available outside the calais V

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Puddle lights are actually the lights at the bottom of the mirrors and they are only available on the calais V as per the brochure spec sheet. There are also lights at the bottom all doors but not sure if they are available outside the calais V

Hi Zappa,

As i said, im open to be corrected, but it would make more sense that the lights on the bottom of the doors would be the designated 'puddle lamps' as they only come on when the door is open, allowing the occupants to see the ground before they exit? The ones on the bottom of the mirrors provide more illumination when approaching the vehicle (and dont illuminate when the door is open), thereby increasing safety etc..but as indicated, im happy to be corrected. If the lights on the bottom of the doors are not the puddle lamps, what would they be? :)

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Hi tml678,

I agree with you that the lights under the doors should be called puddle lamps but only the calais V has the lamps under the mirrors and the brochure calls them as such. Maybe just a marketing wank ?? The puddle lamps I always assumed were related to the mirror goind down so at night you could see how close you were to the kerb.

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
Finally found how to switch the puddle lamps on in my Calais. Once they have been turned on, and the doors are opened the foot wells also light up in the front. I have had the car for three months and only now have worked it out.