Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doing a burnout in your driveway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
What's the problem?

Lack of respect for your neighbours is the problem. Why should anyone have their house filled with the smell of burning rubber or listen to sound of a burnout in their own home? It doesn't matter if it's once a year, once a month or on the hour, point is have some respect for those around you.

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Lack of respect for your neighbours is the problem. Why should anyone have their house filled with the smell of burning rubber or listen to sound of a burnout in their own home? It doesn't matter if it's once a year, once a month or on the hour, point is have some respect for those around you.

Guarantee you I have been woken up at early times/have been bothered by noises etc, been bothered by smells etc more then 5 times in the last year by neighbours doing renovations, mowing lawns, burning rubbish etc etc. Yet if I were to complain about any of that i would get told 'it not like it happens every day' and 'if its only once in a blue moon whats its matter'. So why is it any different for MRSVYSS to do a burnout twice a year creating some smoke and noise for a short period of time, yet its acceptable for a neightbour to burn their **** in their backyard or use a circular saw at 8am on a saturday morning. I say live and let live. ####. I bet half her neighbours all make noise/annoy the other neighbours just as much as she does by doing a burnout twice a year. Everyone needs to stop making it out like shes a **** neighbour who has no respect whatsoever

dylanstone

tsu tsu tsu tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L 1997 VT executive
Guarantee you I have been woken up at early times/have been bothered by noises etc, been bothered by smells etc more then 5 times in the last year by neighbours doing renovations, mowing lawns, burning rubbish etc etc. Yet if I were to complain about any of that i would get told 'it not like it happens every day' and 'if its only once in a blue moon whats its matter'. So why is it any different for MRSVYSS to do a burnout twice a year creating some smoke and noise for a short period of time, yet its acceptable for a neightbour to burn their **** in their backyard or use a circular saw at 8am on a saturday morning. I say live and let live. ####. I bet half her neighbours all make noise/annoy the other neighbours just as much as she does by doing a burnout twice a year. Everyone needs to stop making it out like shes a **** neighbour who has no respect whatsoever

oath lol...............................

newcastleboy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
What Sashyre said.

I love cars and driving as much as anyone else, but nothing pisses me more than people driving look hoons around my quiet little Newcastle suburban street.

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
Why your driveway? ever heard of the saying "don't s#it where you eat"? I don't really think I'd care if my neighbour did a skid in his driveway, I'd probably just giggle at his stupidity, but if he made a habit of it I'd get pretty cranky.

PS. The police can go wherever the hell they want, they are the police..... Stop getting your legal advice off "Law and Order".

My Meanie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 HDT Group A SS Blue Meanie & 2010 SSv Ute
I agree with STEEV888, the odd burn out is not a bad thing and why is it ok for a bogan dole blugging 3 packets a day smoker who sits out the front of their cheap government supplied unit in their Kmart shoes without socks and once a month hair wash hairstyle to fill the other units around them with cigarete smoke which never leaves your house and yet "doigs8" your going off about a burn out, sounds like someone needs a good mag and some vaso to get ride of some tention, seriously dude stick to the topic, she asked if she could be booked for doing a burn out in her driveway not for an opinion about her lifestyle, affordability or dress sense.

I have done burn outs in my drive way before and I was told over here in the west as long at it on my property e.g. between my house and the letter box and not the council verge then the cops have no ability to do anything as it's private property. The only thing they could get you for is excessive noise if it's late at night and it may get you more attention from them out on the street but the odd burnout now and then should be a problem

i believe that she said in one of her previous posts that her dad would be there cheering her on so that last scenario of yours backfired. and i also believe houses have windows/dooes to keep this kind of stuff out of your house. you would close your house if the next door neighbour had a wood fire heater going and u got the smell of it (i wouldnt because personally i love the smell of burning wood) so do the same if a burnout is commencing next door once in a blue moon...

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I love it how everyone if focusing on the fact she only does it twice a year. What's that got to do with the price of fish?

Ok, I'm going to go around to my neighbours place and slap him across, just twice a year and not too hard so it's not really harming anyone. Plus people get into fights and get stabbed in the area, so in contrast a slap in the face twice a year shouldn't be that bad.

Then I'll come on here and start a thread about how my grumpy neighbour said he's going to call the police if I do it again.

:thumbsup:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I love it how everyone if focusing on the fact she only does it twice a year. What's that got to do with the price of fish?

Ok, I'm going to go around to my neighbours place and slap him across, just twice a year and not too hard so it's not really harming anyone. Plus people get into fights and get stabbed in the area, so in contrast a slap in the face twice a year shouldn't be that bad.

Then I'll come on here and start a thread about how my grumpy neighbour said he's going to call the police if I do it again.

:thumbsup:

Comparing something that doesn't effect the other person, with physical violence. I expected something smarter than that from you jester.

So, ima have loud music on a week night, and thats the same as beating the living **** out of someone :)

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
I agree with STEEV888, the odd burn out is not a bad thing and why is it ok for a bogan dole blugging 3 packets a day smoker who sits out the front of their cheap government supplied unit in their Kmart shoes without socks and once a month hair wash hairstyle to fill the other units around them with cigarete smoke which never leaves your house and yet "doigs8" your going off about a burn out, sounds like someone needs a good mag and some vaso to get ride of some tention, seriously dude stick to the topic, she asked if she could be booked for doing a burn out in her driveway not for an opinion about her lifestyle, affordability or dress sense.

I have done burn outs in my drive way before and I was told over here in the west as long at it on my property e.g. between my house and the letter box and not the council verge then the cops have no ability to do anything as it's private property. The only thing they could get you for is excessive noise if it's late at night and it may get you more attention from them out on the street but the odd burnout now and then should be a problem

There was a case a few years ago where a guy sued his neighbour for smoking in his backyard and the smoke was drifting into his backyard and he was feeling sick because of it........and guess what???? He won. the smoker had to pay damages and a small payout PLUS wasn't allowed to smoke in his backyard anymore, even thou it was his personal backyard, the problem was, was that he couldn't keep the smoke on his private property and there was a very real danger that smoke could harm someone,

Same with tyre smoke, everyone knows it's not good to breath it in, and how many people out there have breathing problems Especially the elderly. There was a very real chance that smoke could have caused something, I'm sure she would have been kicking herself for doing that burnout if he would have fallen over because he couldn't breath........and then the title would have read "i just did a burnout in my driveway.....can i be bookoed for putting my neighbour in hospital from the smoke??"

Status
Not open for further replies.