Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Done OIL change and now car has zero power and rattles on drivers side when pushing the pedal OMG !!!

Dazzy74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore
Try a long breaker bar with socket attached after you have run the engine for a few minutes to undo the oil filter. Mechanic should have done this. Not hard at all. Oil filter could be clogged, making car run sluggish.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Grab a few of bottes of this and a couple bottles of flush and do a couple of oil changes.

1663231097733.png

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore Omega gone SS
Okay
That seems like a good plan. I will do flushes and reflushes and see where that gets me. Why do I need to replace filters when doing that? Cant I just wash them ? Theyre not expensive I can buy them but just asking.

Just this question and I will go do the flushing/oil changing...its transmission related:
Say theres a problem with transmission...say its on its last legs or its oil needs changing...could that cause noise when idling while pressing and releasing the pedal? So when idling theres no noise but noise is there when i push gas pedal... its in Park .

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
That filter would be as useful as a potato.
You are supposed to torque the filter lid to 25Nm when replacing it. Not everyone has a torque bar, and I don't.
I just nip it up tight, mark a thin texta pen line on the lid and the housing, and tighten it to this mark each change.
Never had a problem removing it, and don't have any leaks, so the elbow setting works for me.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Chances are your transmission needs a service too.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Definitely change the filters as you do the flushes. A lot of the ‘flush’ gunk will end up in the filter. The purpose of a ‘flush’ is to remove the gunk and (hopefully) it‘ll end up in the filter (and not in a critical part of the engine).

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
he put in oil flush , left it to idle and then replaced the oil. However he didnt manage to toen iol filter casing and replace the filter.Idiot said he was trying to open it for hours with no success. To my surprise I managed to open it and replace the filter in between writing last and this post...so 30mins max. Than makes me even more mad, sheer incompetence....@#@$@#!
Filter looked like it was chewed my T-Rex and ...well see the pictures.
I opened opil cap to check condition of oil and even though there is yellow oil inside and on the cap there is a layer of black crud in the engine...so oil flush didnt do a good job I imagine. But all that said car was running heaps better with that old old black oil and this shitty filter.
So still confused what ccould have happened.
After oil filter change there is no real improvement...its idling as we speak so waiting to see if any improvement will happen .
photos:

View attachment 242394
View attachment 242395

So you can see black stuff inside the engine ...i scraped bit off it to expose clean metal underneath. It is not hard to scrape it as it has guey composition.
surprised-amazed-shocked-20.gif

I’m going to hope that’s just light reflecting and not metal flakes. That filter has been through hell.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Agreed on the cheap diesel oil of any weight and keep doing flushes. Drop the oil and new filter. Don’t drive it yet, just idle it as per flush instructions.

Then after things seem better, as has been suggested, run a 5W-30 (or 40) diesel oil for a 1000ks or so and drop it again.

Then use a full synthetic 5W-30(or 40) and change at 5000km.

I concur on trans oil change and diff oil change.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
It seems like you are very frustrated by this ordeal and I sympathise with you.
Step back and take a deep breath, take the advice above and be methodical in your approach.
Hopefully the reason your engine was upset, was possibly due to the attempt to flush it and that initial attempt has just highlighted the need for more flushes until it is fully clear.

I believe cars are a bit like humans who don’t have health checks, if they are not serviced regularly. Humans seemingly tick along thinking they are okay, and when they finally have to go to the doctor, they find out they’ve got all sorts wrong with them. Or as one poster suggested it’s like a blocked artery and once unblocked it’s as good as gold:)......Hopefully!