Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Done OIL change and now car has zero power and rattles on drivers side when pushing the pedal OMG !!!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I'm guessing, once the inspection hatch is in place. Life is a lot easier to work on the pump?

You better believe it !

I have since had it off again to install an Original Fuel Gauge sender,

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Not 100% sure on this, but the oil filter cap and housing looks like the one on my wife's Cruze.
Use a 6 point socket of the correct size, that way you wont round off the hex shaped top.
Maybe try an oil filter removal tool like you would use on a spin-off type of filter. The tools that shrink when turned. Use it on the shoulder of the plastic cap. Or a big hose clamp.
It might shrink it enough to turn. If no good, buy a new cap and break the old one out of the housing. Easier than trying to loosen it by force and break the housing.
You said you had water coming out of one exhaust? That points to a head gasket leak on that side of the engine? (Or just condensation).
And, did the mechanic leave something undone or connected incorrectly when he replaced the wiper motor?
But the obvious is the oil filter is clogged with shite that the engine flush has dislodged. Adn/or the shite has got into valve gear or timing chains/tensioners etc.
It needed a flush, but done properly.

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore Omega gone SS
Not 100% sure on this, but the oil filter cap and housing looks like the one on my wife's Cruze.
Use a 6 point socket of the correct size, that way you wont round off the hex shaped top.
Maybe try an oil filter removal tool like you would use on a spin-off type of filter. The tools that shrink when turned. Use it on the shoulder of the plastic cap. Or a big hose clamp.
It might shrink it enough to turn. If no good, buy a new cap and break the old one out of the housing. Easier than trying to loosen it by force and break the housing.
You said you had water coming out of one exhaust? That points to a head gasket leak on that side of the engine? (Or just condensation).
And, did the mechanic leave something undone or connected incorrectly when he replaced the wiper motor?
But the obvious is the oil filter is clogged with shite that the engine flush has dislodged. Adn/or the shite has got into valve gear or timing chains/tensioners etc.
It needed a flush, but done properly.
Lets say that all that dislodged shite has found way into what you said ( someone said into sump and pickup ).... So my question is if that is the case what should be done? Do another oil change and remove filter propeerly? Do another flush? remove sump and clean it?
What would you do to get rid of dislodged gunk in my case? All I can do and will do today is do my best to open oil filter housing and replace the damned filter... but im affraid that then it may be come clogged again if theres gunk in the system....
SO,,,, HOW TO APPROACH REMOVAL OF DISLODGED SHITE? :D And should I do filter change at the end or beginning of the process?
If I tell him to drop and clean the sump will that mean I will need another oil change done? ...if new oil got contaminated with gunk that didnt coome out of the system and possibly stayed in sump/pickup'/oil filter? Sorry Im a noob I dont know these things. Is there a way to keep the oil he put in when he did oil change...not even a week ago? Im poor atm.

Im doing it today so quick responses greatly appreciated.Just to check correct size to undo oil filter housing is 24mm?

Love you guys , thanks 4 all the help !

Last edited:

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
Friggin mediocre mechanics.... Im losing my mind and will probably use his head to unscred the oil filter. Hard earned money gone gone and gone. F... me.
What if he drained the oil that came out with a gauze or cotton cloth or something?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you're poor then you won't want the sump off and engine cleaned it's probably two days work to remove sump and rocker covers to get the sludge out as much as you can.

Stelya

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you're poor then you won't want the sump off and engine cleaned it's probably two days work to remove sump and rocker covers to get the sludge out as much as you can.
2 days work??? Whats there to it? I thought its just removal of few bolts and dropping and cleaning the pan(sump)? I dont know what is in the sumpo but I Imagine its same as transmission pan that holds oil and filter...which Ive done myself once...? I may be wrong ...correct me if I am.