Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

door check strap

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Yes that's actually Metro Holden operating under another name after they got booted out of the Holden Network after its owner apparently made some controversial comments. They are now "Adelaide City Jeep", while their spare parts operation is being run by Peter Page Holden which is the Elizabeth Dealership that still hasn't moved to Para Hills West as they were going to do under Holden's new rationalisation plan.

Check out the last photo in the following listing and this confirms my above comment.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine...706255?hash=item2349c81b0f:g:g0kAAOSw8d9UwI73

Last edited:

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Peter Page Holden dont have much pre VZ bits remaining mainly consumables......and their prices........well...ouch! :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have bought a few things that I couldn't get elsewhere from him but price wise well yeah. He was the one I winged about his freight charges a while back. Last thing I bought from him was those fuse panel clips and was annoyed at the freight for three mesely clips but NOS he was the only place who had them.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
yeah Im kinda under the impression that the ebay stuff is outside the dealership.....Ive been in there a few times as a longshot they had more of the parts I needed only to be told they didn't...yet they had one of em on ebay (was kinda hoping they would be cheaper at the dealer sales desk as most stack the ebay fees on top)....Meh looks like my holden heap of obsolete parts is going to be more china supported than locally supported ...I really do try to buy local but its just so hard these days especially in Adelaide

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The reason why nothing is at the Elizabeth premises is because it's all at the Coglin Street, Brompton warehouse that doesn't have a shopfront. It's all Metro's old stock that Peter Page is selling under their name.

BTW Losh, not quite sure why you would've bought those fuse panel retainers new as there's plenty good second hand ones around. I've collected quite a few (both Blue and Grey) over the past few years as spares.

Last edited:

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Yep know that, basically saying it sucks ...plenty of old vr vs holden out north still some money to be made by making a simple phone call ;)
anyway we have gotten way off topic :D ...again

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I am wondering if, somewhere on this forum, a separate thread can be created showing dealers/retailers that have NOS.
Might save a lot of members searching in the dark.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
BTW Losh, not quite sure why you would've bought those fuse panel retainers new as there's plenty good second hand ones around. I've collected quite a few (both Blue and Grey) over the past few years as spares.

Not over here they are either missing off wrecks or are broken around the locking washer part. I got some from the wreckers but they were damaged. But fitting brand new ones still didn't fix the rattle anyway. Still have to push the panel down and it stops for like 5-10mins and then comes back.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yes that's actually Metro Holden operating under another name after they got booted out of the Holden Network after its owner apparently made some controversial comments. They are now "Adelaide City Jeep", while their spare parts operation is being run by Peter Page Holden which is the Elizabeth Dealership that still hasn't moved to Para Hills West as they were going to do under Holden's new rationalisation plan.

Check out the last photo in the following listing and this confirms my above comment.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine...706255?hash=item2349c81b0f:g:g0kAAOSw8d9UwI73

Hummm, Peter Page Holden has been around for about 25 years....Peter Page probably bought metros stock when they lost their Holden dealership rights

Another interesting point....There is a place on Main North Road Prospect called Axle Co, which have some alliance to Adelaide City Jeep....I can't remember the wording but there is a sign out the front of their workshop stating something about Adelaide City Jeep.

The business is about half a dozen doors down, city side and same side of the street as Adelaide City Jeeps old site

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The reason why nothing is at the Elizabeth premises is because it's all at the Coglin Street, Brompton warehouse that doesn't have a shopfront. It's all Metro's old stock that Peter Page is selling under their name.

Metros warehouse was in George Street, not Coglin Street, behind the car yard