Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door locked and won't open

topdzl

Reaction score
Website
www.aghaith.com
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
I need some creativity here :hit: one of the rear doors is jammed, the door lock button as well stuck, i tried to lift it so I'd be able to open the door, I did manage to open the door but did not have time to figure out how to solve this, I remove the inner door cover, and hopefully be able to open it again to solve this.

If you have any idea on how to solve this or know the reason why this is happening it would be pretty helpful.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
See if it works with the door open. Use a screw driver to lock the catch while it is open, then see if you can move the door lock button. If not, the actuator may be seized (never seen this happen though) or it may be a linkage damaged or seized. If the door does unlock, then it may be adjustment. Slowly close the door and see if it moves up when it meets the catch on the body.

topdzl

Reaction score
Website
www.aghaith.com
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7
I'll check the catch first, thanks for the help.
I'll let you know about it when I fix it. VTs are nice but never make them angry :gun2:

cheers

hypernet

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
hi i have a vn wagon tailgate stuck taken the lock out but still stuck any ideas thanks