Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Double Demerits.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Well I believe that magistrates should pull their heads out of the rear ends and stop issuing love tap sentencing.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i think they should reduce the amount of points you can accrue before losing your licence. someone correct me if i'm wrong here, but i'm pretty sure that you can gain up to 12 points in a 3 year period before you lose your licence. to put it into perspective, you can get caught speeding (less than 10km/s over the limit) 4 times every year and you will never lose your licence. that, according to the law, is acceptable.

if that was halved to 6 points in a 3 year period, i'm sure that everyone would be a lot more careful on the roads. there's still a buffer if you make a genuine mistake, but if you speed on purpose be prepared to lose your licence twice as fast. if you are a good driver and follow the speed limits and road rules then you definitely don't need a 12 point buffer.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i think they should reduce the amount of points you can accrue before losing your licence. someone correct me if i'm wrong here, but i'm pretty sure that you can gain up to 12 points in a 3 year period before you lose your licence. to put it into perspective, you can get caught speeding (less than 10km/s over the limit) 4 times every year and you will never lose your licence. that, according to the law, is acceptable.

if that was halved to 6 points in a 3 year period, i'm sure that everyone would be a lot more careful on the roads. there's still a buffer if you make a genuine mistake, but if you speed on purpose be prepared to lose your licence twice as fast. if you are a good driver and follow the speed limits and road rules then you definitely don't need a 12 point buffer.
I've had 12 for years ;) Never needed them.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Screw that when each defect here is 1 point straight up.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
im glad i live in SA where there is no double demerit points scheme even though i dont do anything stupid its just good to know that

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
im glad i live in SA where there is no double demerit points scheme even though i dont do anything stupid its just good to know that
We do have double demerits (and 1 point if you get defected aswell, incase the guy above was wondering...)

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
double demerits would deter me from having one more beer before driving home, as would influence many responsible adults

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
double demerits would deter me from having one more beer before driving home, as would influence many responsible adults

THIS.

this is exactly why I personally believe double demerits are effective. makes people think twice.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
holy **** i didnt know we (s.a.) lose a demerit point for being defected! , i better go double check everything haha .... its all roadworthy to tell the truth but i hope i dont get pulled over by any defect happys cops!

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01

THIS.

this is exactly why I personally believe double demerits are effective. makes people think twice.

Wha?! What does double demerits have to do with drink driving? You lose your license for DD anyway.. Very strange thinking...