Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Double Demerits.

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
Wha?! What does double demerits have to do with drink driving? You lose your license for DD anyway.. Very strange thinking...

drink driving has nothing to do with my post, my post ends with the my perception of double demerits..."makes people think twice".

so really not really very at all.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
drink driving has nothing to do with my post, my post ends with the my perception of double demerits..."makes people think twice".

so really not really very at all.

OK, fair enough for your post, in retrospect with your clarification, but still the post you're replying to is "thinking twice" about having another beer. Surely you can see how this is strange thinking for double demerit points. It would have been wiser to make your own point instead of following a post that makes no sense and you did use the word "exactly."

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
OK, fair enough for your post, in retrospect with your clarification, but still the post you're replying to is "thinking twice" about having another beer. Surely you can see how this is strange thinking for double demerit points. It would have been wiser to make your own point instead of following a post that makes no sense.

i see what your trying to say but clearly you cant see that i'm addressing the concept of thinking twice, hell it could be thinking twice about having another beer, or driving whilst disqualifiied etc etc but the point is that DD makes people think twice, as per the person I quoted.

I quoted the person as I wanted to substantiate my point of people thinking twice, sure I could of made an individual post saying "DD makes people think twice" but the point remains.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
i see what your trying to say but clearly you cant see that i'm addressing the concept of thinking twice, hell it could be thinking twice about having another beer, or driving whilst disqualifiied etc etc but the point is that DD makes people think twice, as per the person I quoted.

I quoted the person as I wanted to substantiate my point of people thinking twice, sure I could of made an individual post saying "DD makes people think twice" but the point remains.

I don't know that double demerits do make people think twice, they're probably the last thing on peoples minds whilst driving. It doesn't make me think twice. It doesn't change how I drive but then I've never got any demerit points in the last 25 years or more. The poster that said it makes him think twice about drinking more is a null proposition as he would just lose his license full stop if he had too many beers. It's a stupid argument to have double demerits. I've said in a previous post why I don't agree with double demerits, law should be consistent.

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
Care to explain your stories? The red light camera one will be a laugh :) (by law you werent in the wrong, but got a fine, sounds liek by law you were in the wrong)

I was turning right onto victoria st off peel st in melb. I missed the green turning arrow, waited like 5 secs red arrow goes away. I moved into the intersection waited for it to be clear, some d*** run his red light meaning i had to sit in the intersection every longer... and because the camera doesnt take the photo when you enter the intersection i had no case... plus i went on a holiday and didn't want the drama of taking it to court.

If you check the law, it states you can only be fined entering the intersection on a red light, but i entered it on the green light.

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
I was turning right onto victoria st off peel st in melb. I missed the green turning arrow, waited like 5 secs red arrow goes away. I moved into the intersection waited for it to be clear, some d*** run his red light meaning i had to sit in the intersection every longer... and because the camera doesnt take the photo when you enter the intersection i had no case... plus i went on a holiday and didn't want the drama of taking it to court.

If you check the law, it states you can only be fined entering the intersection on a red light, but i entered it on the green light.

yeah man sounds like you got hard done by, i know the red light camera activates when the light is red and two photos are taken, one as you cross the line and one a few seconds later to show you are in the intersection..

EDIT: well in NSW anyway.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

Just as i thought. The sensor only activates if your front wheels are BEHIND the white line before it turns red. So you waited too long before entering the intersection, nothing to do with the other guy. Thats why you didn't fight it ;) The system works.

Theres no way that the camera would have activated if you were already in the intersection......the sensors are behind where your car would have been (waiting in the middle)

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
Just as i thought. The sensor only activates if your front wheels are BEHIND the white line before it turns red. So you waited too long before entering the intersection, nothing to do with the other guy. Thats why you didn't fight it ;) The system works.

Theres no way that the camera would have activated if you were already in the intersection......the sensors are behind where your car would have been (waiting in the middle)

No i didn't fight it because i went on holiday for 3weeks and couldn't be fked with the drama and plus it was my word against theirs.... I know for certain i entered it on a green light because i was first to turn when it was clear. Also the reason i got done was because i was in there for 1.2sec because on the other car running the red light.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
As stupid as this might sound, the last I heard was your not actually supposed to enter the intersection for this reason, your supposed to stay behind the line until clear. I know it sounds stupid and no one does it but that was what I was informed anyway.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
No i didn't fight it because i went on holiday for 3weeks and couldn't be fked with the drama and plus it was my word against theirs.... I know for certain i entered it on a green light because i was first to turn when it was clear. Also the reason i got done was because i was in there for 1.2sec because on the other car running the red light.

Thats not how the camera's work........ the sensor is just in front of the white line (ie, just inside the intersection). If you were already in the intersection as you say, theres nothing to trigger it, unless the guy behind you went through aswell, in which case you should have fought it, because it was his fine!