Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Double DIN in single DIN space.

AlexR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 'S' Ute
as the title suggests, I want to fit a Double DIN unit into a single DIN space, I've seen it before on the same model (VR) but my main question is what are the things involved in doing this?
Cheers

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
well the only way is to cut!! and then move over the buttons that are located in the centre below the single din, can be done it you got time and got the right tools...i wudnt do it, just go get urself a fold out unit

Dusty_vs

your resident mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 vs excecutive sedan
I've been told it'll fit (as in clears the heater box) ovbiously there's some shite needed to be cut though.. Such as the structure behind the dash a little bit.. And once you've fitted it you'll need to modify the dash.. The part that houses the aircon and sterio will need some cutting.. And the black part on the front will need modifying.. Thing is though once you cut out the buttons and the little console bit.. There'll be about an inch of space around the sterio.. You'll need to fibreglass or bog it or something to fill the hole.....

I was looking at doing this to my vs.. Untill I smashed it lol but I reckon it looks wicked once done properly