Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers seat material

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
My drivers side seat has worn through to the foam now and I had been looking for a new green vy seat but can't seem to find anything close to home so my question is can you buy the seat cover from holden or online store andci can recover the seat? Or just cheaper to find a auto trimmer to fix it up?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The worn fabric will continue to tear and wear away underneath any cover, I'd just hand to to an auto trimmer and let them handle it.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I saw a green vy at the wreckers the other day and the drivers seat is the same as mine and worn in the same spot as mine.. Wondering if I could take the material cover off the passenger seat at the wreckers and fit it to my drivers seat?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I saw a green vy at the wreckers the other day and the drivers seat is the same as mine and worn in the same spot as mine.. Wondering if I could take the material cover off the passenger seat at the wreckers and fit it to my drivers seat?

From memory the seat bolters are exactly the same left to right. I fitted my passenger side bottom bolster to my drivers side when the foam had collapsed.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Mine is the top half where your elbow would rub if your sitting up straight on the black material on the side, that's why I'm wondering if I could strip a seat at the wreckers and swap the top half material over from the left seat to the right seat..

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
As long as you don't mind the lumber support adjuster on the wrong side, and as long as they don't have side impact airbags, it will work.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
I have the same problem,anyone know how much it costs to retrim the sides when airbags are fitted

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I had a rip in the fabric and the bolster remade for about $150 but just take it to a few auto-trimmers and see how much they say.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
I had a rip in the fabric and the bolster remade for about $150 but just take it to a few auto-trimmers and see how much they say.

thanks for that-will have a look in the next few days

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Mine is just the material and I would need to take the seat out to retrain it.. Don't need to replace the top half of the seat just the cover that goes over the foam.. Mine does not have the seat air bags I'm pretty sure being a series 1