Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Drivers seat material

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Mine is just the material and I would need to take the seat out to retrain it.. Don't need to replace the top half of the seat just the cover that goes over the foam.. Mine does not have the seat air bags I'm pretty sure being a series 1

Doesn't matter what series it is, only the upper models have side impact airbags. If you look under the seat there will be a cable coming down the side of the top half if the car has the airbags. I think you will find the fabric is glued to the foam which can make it a real pain to just change the fabric.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Will stop at a auto trimmer tomorrow and see how much and how long to do it..

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
let us know how you go if you could as mine need to be done too-cheers

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Just went to the auto trimmer and it's 180 to fix the side of the seat.. He said that the vy vz is the worst of the commodores because the foam is **** and sags... He recommended swapping the ass seats over for the front seats and then fixing the hole in the top half and yes the material is glued to the foam :(
Looks like I need to get the seat fixed before Xmas or find another green vy drivers seat in better condition.. Would love a full black leather set of seats but that's a pretty penny

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
How much you want to spend? I'm actually trying to research the reborn leather seat covers on eBay. Apparently you remove the velour trim and this stuff wraps tight over the seat. Cheap at 500 odd bucks compared to the crazy prices of even worn out second hand calais seats.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I would love to find a green material seat to match the existing seats in the car.. Can you swap the foam from the tops over from side to side? I was reading before that you can with the bottoms, just 4 clips and the ass section comes off the frame..

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
Just went to the auto trimmer and it's 180 to fix the side of the seat.. He said that the vy vz is the worst of the commodores because the foam is **** and sags... He recommended swapping the ass seats over for the front seats and then fixing the hole in the top half and yes the material is glued to the foam :(
Looks like I need to get the seat fixed before Xmas or find another green vy drivers seat in better condition.. Would love a full black leather set of seats but that's a pretty penny

thanks for the info

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
How much you want to spend? I'm actually trying to research the reborn leather seat covers on eBay. Apparently you remove the velour trim and this stuff wraps tight over the seat. Cheap at 500 odd bucks compared to the crazy prices of even worn out second hand calais seats.Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

I have had a look at these also - but wondering how they go with regard to side airbags?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina