Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dyno Sheets

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
All true but it is only a tuning tool and some tools have a variation, MPH never lies this is where you calculate your power, a dyno is where we tune and compare gains

Dont strive for the 400 club go for the 130 club !! :)

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
All true but it is only a tuning tool and some tools have a variation, MPH never lies this is where you calculate your power, a dyno is where we tune and compare gains

Dont strive for the 400 club go for the 130 club !! :)

Agreed. Ive never come across so many people worried about dyno figures till I brought a VE and started checking the VE/F sections as well as joining a VE owners page (wanna shoot myself in the face whenever I see someone post there). Although Im sure they are just as bad in other corners of the market.

Love seeing Exhaust and Tune 270++ auto 6L's. Makes for a right chuckle.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
it dosnt matter what gears u use on a dyno if and this is the big IF the operator inputs the right info into the dyno for the calculation to be correct, when u buy a dyno its what they show u, but most tuners don't go to that much effort...

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
it dosnt matter what gears u use on a dyno if and this is the big IF the operator inputs the right info into the dyno for the calculation to be correct, when u buy a dyno its what they show u, but most tuners don't go to that much effort...

Sure, the giveaway for me is if the roadspeed / rpm and indicated gear are incorrect then there's a good chance other input detail is lacking / approximated. Validation of wheel torque / CID regularly shows BMEP of 225+psi - same as a formula one car - with just bolt-ons.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
It's actually really disappointing to those of us who don't know all the technical mumbo jumbo, and get duped by either lazy, lying or incompetent operators. I've only once had some people go through the detail of the setup and strap down with me and that was Bluepower Racing for my Ford.

Either way, agree that it's best used as a tuning tool.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Chris is a stand up bloke and wont fark around so if in doubt take your holden there for a run if thats what u need, even if its to back up before/after a different workshop does work to dispel the B/S

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Chris is a stand up bloke and wont fark around so if in doubt take your holden there for a run if thats what u need, even if its to back up before/after a different workshop does work to dispel the B/S
Been a few Holden's on the rollers there before.