Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

E39540i

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
:( I'm still devo that this happened in the first place :(

Believe me I was too. That was the first time I had really got to drive it, apart from buying it and not getting home. I had just sold my turbo got this on the road and then..... I knew it had issues, and I am probably replacing alot of stuff that would have been anyway, but the accident was something I did not need, especially while trying to pass a uni exam that same weekend (which I still did well in).

It was quite funny after the accident. As I only had 3rd party insurance on it, once I realised that it was still straight, I was already counting up the items required to fix it and I was pretty much spot on with the list of parts. Also as when the fuel pump died, I am reminded that there are still some awesome people in this world. The amount of help I got that night was incredible.

The biggest issue for me now is getting the front bar I have painted to match the car. I will probably have to run unpainted for a little while until my bank balance recovers a bit.

The stupid thing for me is that it could have been avoided. I should have just slowed down slowly and forced the car behind to make a pass. :bang:

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
So I have done some work.

I have changed the timing chain tensionor. Old one was ok but the new one is a bit longer.

I have also installed a new AUX fan

A shot with the new bumper on. Needs some work to say the least to look right.

I also changed out my fan clutch. These have been known to send fan blades through the bonnet, so thaught I may as well while I am here.

What it looks like right now.

I have been also playing a new game WTF is this noise. Video below.

Turns out the power steering pump is a goner, I would guess that it got smacked around in the ditch. New one from ECS is on the way . Also waiting on new radiator mounts, bumper clips and a new indicator bulb holder from Pelican, their shipping is sooooo sloooowwww.

I have also managed to clear all error codes from the ECU, WHOOOHOOO. Not long to go now.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
So, finally some good news.

Out with the old and in with the new, noise is now gone.

Next up was a steering hose. I would have changed both hoses but ECS only had one in stock. This hose had was leaking.

Just some pics of teh new flex lines.

and here she is, front bumper is a cheapy and is plasti dipped and don't have have any of the proper wheel well trims yet but on the road again.

Rear bumper is reused for now

New Shoud, Radiator, AUX fan

Have a few issues to go, drivers halos not working, need high beam globes and have a battery drain issue that I need to trace. Just disconnecting it for now until I do a drain test.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Double Post

Last edited: