Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Earthing a battery in a VS

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
You need to first of all find out if the noise is in ur power cable or RCA's. Unplug ur rca's and see if it goes, if it does then you need a $10 line filter that you plug inline with the rca's. If its still present when the rca's are unplugged(and the amp on) then its in your power cable and you need to consider a power line filter as the noise cold be coming from ur alternator or your high tension.

Dobby525

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
try earthing it out to one of the screws in the tail light that is where mine is earthed out to and it is fine ... i had mine earthed to the same place you do in my vt commodore and it made the same sound so my thought is that it is not a very good earthing point to earth to just try different places to earth to and see what happens..
and a head deck is the cd player lol

MGNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Commodore series 2
ah ok, will all my rca's out it still makes the noise it just moves around the car to whatever is still plugged in and with them all out i could still hear it some how, its not my 'head deck' because changing songs or powering off does not affect the sound at all.
these are all good pointers, things i wouldnt of thought of thanks to all!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
the reason the brand of your headdeck was asked, because if its a pioneer, an internal fuse blows and causes the same issue your having. No you cannot replace the fuse unless you know how to solder and are willing to disassemble your headdeck.

it does help to answer all questions that are asked! it'll help us and you in the end even if it does sound insignificant.

it does sound like its one of your amps, either internal issue or ground. a good test is to 1 by 1, remove power to each of your amps and test for the noise again, this will help pin point which amp (if not all) are giving you dramas.

MGNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Commodore series 2
sorry mate, got a sony head unit.
yeh ive gathered that thanks to the help from everyone.
thanks all for the help and appreciate it, hope to be able to return it to you one day.

cheers, Nick