Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Easter Death Toll

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Hey just saw the news today.... well bad news, currently 12 deaths!

Not a very good start and there was some pretty bad accidents they showed on T.V.

So guys, please drive SAFELY and happy Easter to you all.

Attaboy.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Great to see there is the same typical idiots almost killing themselves at easter, 2 young guys fighting for their life after drag racing and losing control.

As a police rep said on the news, is it just easter or are people normally this stupid.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Wasnt it only 1 death last night??

Or maybe that was just in vic..

Must have been a bad day on the roads today :(

Yeah.. drive safe, and just keep your eye out... People seem to get tooo relaxed around long weekends

And minux.... I think its option 2

kodakmomentz

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
Great to see there is the same typical idiots almost killing themselves at easter, 2 young guys fighting for their life after drag racing and losing control.

As a police rep said on the news, is it just easter or are people normally this stupid.

I think people are normally stupid

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Damn. Good to see those 60 to 50km/h speed limit changes are working.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
with the risk of being abused&flamed here i think all the easter (and other holiday) death toll stuff it a crock of ****.
people crash everyday, not just during holidays, but because the media swoops in gets the cameras rolling at all the crash scenes and goes on about how many people have died so far and even keep tallie of the deaths, updating daily on the 6pm news, suddenly we're supposedly vulnerable to instant death if we drive during a holiday period.
what about the rest of the year? how is that any different? and as for the cops, who are always out in force during these periods (just now ive driven home from work and seen three patrol cars) why cant this be done all the time?
its like saying, we're not around so break the law if you want during the rest of the year, but during the holidays we'll be there to catch you - rediculous.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I see your point sircruisealotVS,

But in Easter more people are out on the road either going for a trip/ having a holiday whatever. So there is more chance for the death toll to rise even higher.

But I also agree with you about the media focusing too much on Easter toll.

Drive safe.

Attaboy.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
with the risk of being abused&flamed here i think all the easter (and other holiday) death toll stuff it a crock of ****.
people crash everyday, not just during holidays, but because the media swoops in gets the cameras rolling at all the crash scenes and goes on about how many people have died so far and even keep tallie of the deaths, updating daily on the 6pm news, suddenly we're supposedly vulnerable to instant death if we drive during a holiday period.
what about the rest of the year? how is that any different? and as for the cops, who are always out in force during these periods (just now ive driven home from work and seen three patrol cars) why cant this be done all the time?
its like saying, we're not around so break the law if you want during the rest of the year, but during the holidays we'll be there to catch you - rediculous.

I do agree, the media does hype things up a bit. For instance I think most of the fatals we've seen so far would have happened any other time of the year. The one at Hampton Park could have happened at any other time as it wasn't people on their way to a holiday destination, just a couple of kids out dragging.

However there is the likelyhood that collision will occur, that's why most happen during afternoon/morning peak during the working week. I don't go to many prangs that happen during the middle of the day. So a holiday weekend like easter is like having peak hour all weekend.

More cars on the road, combined with the fact that they're on their way to holiday desinations, they're travelling long distances probably on unfamiliar roads. They've got the kids in the back hassling them, they just want to get where they're going so they'll let the speedo creep just a little higher now and then.

Then you've got your other ones who are travelling locally to and from home but problem is they're out drinking because they've got a four day weekend and they're putting their feet up.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII

I didn't see the news but I think it was my sergeant who spoke to them this morning when channel 10 rocked up. If it was, those words coming from him are no surprise.