Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

easy way to make my car beep when locking

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Steven M said:
i will try this tomorrow, but how bout just hooking up an alarm siren to the indicator circuit because it does flash when you lock and unlock, I will get back to you's tomorrow.
I think you will find that the siren would sound every time you use your indicator.

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
hmmm, yeah i never thought of that one. But surely there would be a seperate circuit for the immobiliser and the indicators.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
This may be tricky depending on the circuitry of the car. I would have to have a look into how it is wired up before I would be able to do this. There are a couple of methods of doing it. You would have to set it up so that the horn only sounded when the car was being locked/unlocked, so you cant just tap a relay off the indicators or as accentstencil said it would go off everytime you used your indicator. I would imagine that you would need to tap off a wire coming from the ECU (cars computer) that was used for the lock and unlock signal. When the unlock signal went through the wire it would turn on the relay and the horn would beep. This is assuming the signal is enough to turn the relay on, otherwise you would have to go deeper with the electronics.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
vyaw2003 said:
Hello,
is there an easy way to make my car beep when looking and unlocking? I dont want an alarm, but surley there is some little beeper that i can hook up to something, can this be done?
I just get sick of having to look in the sun to see if the indicators are going and a beeper would be easier.

Buy a vietnamese slave, keep it tied in the engine bay or boot, each time you open or close the doors have it press a button to sound your horn

235rwkw

Reaction score
why????

i can clearly hear mine lock and unlock, i can see if the buttons are up or down. never had to guess if it was or not.

one problem with the holden alarm if it had an attempted break in the flash the lights 3 times instead of twice i never look anyway

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
looking at the lights and hearing the clunk is what I always look for. I've got an aftermarket alarm in mine and it doesnt always beep when I arm it, or it doesnt beep straight away and takes like 10 seconds sometimes its strange.

as others have suggested taping into the signal for lock/unlock from the ecu or similar might be the easiest option even though its prob not the easiest thing for someone thats an elec dummy (no offence im a dummy at lots of things too)

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
there's no need to tap in.... just add the relay.... put a horn where the beeper or chirper goes in.... maybe you might need a bigger fuse to run a horn.... that way nothing will sound when using indicators...