Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Indicators don’t flash when unlocking/Locking?

Thatvxcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CALAIS
the boot release is all controlled by the bcm
connect a multimeter or test light to wiring at boot solenoid
then press boot release and see if you get voltage
as mentioned ,have you tried disconnecting battery for one minute
it looks like bcm has gotten scrambled
Yeah I’ve tried disconnecting the battery a few times now. I hope the bcm is ok I doubt it though. Apparently it’s sort of common on vt-vx models. Thanks man I’ll check the voltage to the boot soon

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Just an idea with all this replacing relays and fuses after been damaged
by any chance have you checked that the Hazard lights work
just asking

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
One other thing maybe is to check all door light switches including bonnet and boot switch for any damage.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Issue is that the battery has been dead for ages when they broke in.
I was driving a friend's VK around years ago and the battery would drain if you left it connected, so any time I parked it somewhere I had to pop the bonnet and take the positive cable off which was a pain in the arse. I go out to it one day after work and the driver's door was unlocked. I knew I had locked it. There was nothing in the car worth stealing because it had been emptied by my friend, but he had left a cheap calculator sitting in the console (I did say it was years ago lol) and that was gone. Would have netted the thieves about 50c at Cash Converters. When I went to leave I noticed the ignition was turned to the on position. Obviously someone had tried to steal it (you could open the door on this car with a 5c coin) but it hadn't started for them so they'd given up. I called the cops later and they said that 9 cars had been broken into in that car park that day, all old Holdens and one had been stolen. I never complained about the battery again after that. Silver linings and all that.

Reactions: Lex

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
The boot release also doesn’t work. Even with the button In the glovebox.
You've just reminded me - a couple of months ago I locked my key in the boot. RACV came out and broke into the car for me so I could pop the boot with the glove box button. The alarm went off as soon as the dude opened my door and that was when we both learned that the boot release button in the glove box does not work if you break in. After pulling the emergency cable I was able to retrieve my key from the boot and hit the button to kill the alarm. After the car had been "unlocked" with the remote, the glove box boot release worked fine again.
I know this is not an answer to your problem, but it's a somewhat obscure bit of knowledge that might make everything make sense. Maybe. Or not.
When your car was broken into - how was the alarm disabled? By removing a bunch of relays or with the remote? I'm wondering if you now intentionally "break in" to your car, setting the alarm off, and then turn the alarm off with the remote, would it maybe "reset" the alarm/immobiliser, returning everything to normal status? I don't know, it just makes sense to me that this could be a thing. Can't hurt to try.

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
Sounds like they fried the bcm trying to start it, also did you get the correct relays? Sounds like a job for the Auto elect.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Flasher relay within the bcm, same issue as the indictors staying on when locking

Plenty of how to guides on the subject

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
You've just reminded me - a couple of months ago I locked my key in the boot. RACV came out and broke into the car for me so I could pop the boot with the glove box button. The alarm went off as soon as the dude opened my door and that was when we both learned that the boot release button in the glove box does not work if you break in. After pulling the emergency cable I was able to retrieve my key from the boot and hit the button to kill the alarm. After the car had been "unlocked" with the remote, the glove box boot release worked fine again.
I know this is not an answer to your problem, but it's a somewhat obscure bit of knowledge that might make everything make sense. Maybe. Or not.
When your car was broken into - how was the alarm disabled? By removing a bunch of relays or with the remote? I'm wondering if you now intentionally "break in" to your car, setting the alarm off, and then turn the alarm off with the remote, would it maybe "reset" the alarm/immobiliser, returning everything to normal status? I don't know, it just makes sense to me that this could be a thing. Can't hurt to try.
what the hell did I just read?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
what the hell did I just read?
Relevant Facts:
1. I locked my keys in my boot.
2. Broke into car to get them.
3. Boot release button does not work if your alarm is going off.

Questions:
1. How was @Thatvxcalais 's alarm disabled?
a) by removing the relay; or
b) using the remote.

Suggestion:
If the answer to the previous question was a), then:
1. Force the alarm to go off. This can be performed a number of ways, the easiest being to lock yourself in the car using the remote, manually unlock a door (no remote) and open it.
2. Turn the alarm off by pressing unlock on the remote.

Theory:
This may "reset" the alarm system and return @Thatvxcalais 's car to normal, correcting the problem they're having.

Clear enough now?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Flasher relay within the bcm, same issue as the indictors staying on when locking

Plenty of how to guides on the subject

except indicators and hazard lights work