Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Indicators don’t flash when unlocking/Locking?

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
except indicators and hazard lights work
separate relay my friend, I wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
I'm going to try help you weed through all the garbage people are posting here. as These seem like very easy troubleshoots.

Sit in the car, lock it with the key, if the security light is flashing then the immob/system is armed.

If the concern then is that the indicators arent flashing then I would suggest an internal fault with the BCM-whether you open it up or replace it is up to you.

The boot release is likely the actuator rod that always needs replacing on these cars. Easy check is to open the boot and listen for the actuator functioning when the boot realease is pressed.

If nothing happening then I'd be testing the actuator with 12v.

I know when you have an old car all these issues can seem related but good chance they aren't

Thatvxcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CALAIS
Sorry to write back late everyone. Tried a couple of things above. Locked car while I was inside the security light flashes. When unlocked it stops flashing so I’m guessing immobiliser was working. These guys must have known what they were doing as every horn in the engine bay was disconnected. (Alarm horn, actual horn). The car had been sitting for 9 months untouched in a locked apartment car park. When I first saw the damage the first thing I noticed was the fuse box panel was missing and that they had damaged the ignition barrel and took a chunk of metal off of it. Although the barrel still works as it should and no problems with the key going in or out. Second thing I noticed was that the relays in the engine bay had been stolen. (Not all of them) just the main ones like Ignition, Anti theft etc. they also ended up stealing the battery too. Ever since then indicators and such haven’t worked when locking and unlocking the car. One thing that I found very interesting though was that the key reader was completely missing. They took the whole rubber ring, key reader and such. But the car still started and drove fine? I’ve heard it shouldn’t have even started at all. All I can think off is if they tried hot wiring it but don’t think they would have the time to do so. Sorry for the long story haha.