Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EBAY scams!

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
not all stuff from overseas is a scam, ive bought stuff and was really happy with it. mind you, the people i bought it from had about 10 000+ feedback that was 98% positive

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
Yeah I've bought stuff from overseas for my GF. it arrived (from brazil) faster than something from melbourne

B

Bradg83

I've never trusted buying something you can't hold in your hands before you hand over your cashola...... just a thing of mine... I've used ebay a couple of times to sell stuff, but never bought anything.. .

nmj

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Acclaim S2
i buy heaps of ebay, bought my tails and my headlights off ebay..

i guess ya just have to make sur eu read the feedbacks and do a little research before spending big bucks on it...

wouldnt spend no more than 300, but thats jus me. so ya dnt get burnt big

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i've bought stuff off ebay from China & the US before & never had a problem.
have always received the items quickly.
mind you i always check their feedback before bidding.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
well i payed $115 for an ornamental (spelling?) sword. Never turned up ebay never responded when I complained and later found he had negative responses (after I bought) then dissapeared. Account was Australian, maybe I just need to find out where he lives

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
TheForgotten said:
yep. The odd thing about the scam in itself, is that my gf was having drama's of some sort with her old account, and her friend who works at ebay aus was looking through my details, and she knew they were altered but wouldn't say anything because she'd lose her job. That is the bit that did me over

Maybe they were altered by someone at Ebay. I had a similar problem with Westpac, payments made by me to Optus totaling over $300 "disappeared". I was told by an employee that they were on a "shadow ledger" but couldnt do anything as she would lose her job. In short they stole my money and I couldnt do anything about it.