Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECM Tune Question

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Ironically I called a mechanic I used to work with when I was in the trade and he had someone working for him that Tuned LS Engines. Pretty much went downhill from there. Thinking about going down the HP Tuner path and start absorbing some of the Youtube Tutorials....

Yeah, the mate of a mate of a mate story. When it comes to tuning you really want to go by shop reputation and proven results (you will find heaps on forums and shop FB pages and websites). Because the tuning process is a little more arbitrary and hidden inside a black box, it's a lot easier to offload and hide mistakes or much easier for those mistakes to be catastrophic, and really the only way around that is looking customer satisfaction.

The HP Academy videos are really good, the tuning instructor used to have the worlds fastest drag 4G63, and their wiring courses are also very good.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the trans is a beast to get right and it can last forever or be killed pretty quick just within the tune side, most dont understand them and just do basics from the old school thought (more pressure) but thats only 1 side in a trans that has hundreds of settings to play with

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
Yeah, the mate of a mate of a mate story. When it comes to tuning you really want to go by shop reputation and proven results (you will find heaps on forums and shop FB pages and websites). Because the tuning process is a little more arbitrary and hidden inside a black box, it's a lot easier to offload and hide mistakes or much easier for those mistakes to be catastrophic, and really the only way around that is looking customer satisfaction.

The HP Academy videos are really good, the tuning instructor used to have the worlds fastest drag 4G63, and their wiring courses are also very good.
I also recommend the HP academy. I have bought some courses myself. They have free lessons that give you a good ideia of what you will be getting into.
The interviews on theirs YouTube channel are very technical as well.
another channel on YouTube which is very good is the Goat Rope Garage. Lots of real examples there.