Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eco vs power

lukegordge

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSS pulsar
just wondering what you guys think is better eco or power mode on?? and do yous use manual or drive more? i find that power mode makes 1st gear slip alittle bit. i drive a vr calais btw v6 with pacemakers full 2.5 inch exhaust

lukegordge

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSS pulsar
I used to ;) moved on to better hahaha, i find power only makes the car feel more powerfull when in second or higher

WAFFEN SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VS Commodore and 5L VT Clubby
Up to 80km i leave it in 3rd and around town I like to use it with power on, find it makes it drop a gear and go rather then ####ing around trying to go then dropping a gear anyway, not cool when you on a roundabout. Other days it gets left if D, depends on my day at work I gess. End of the day its up to you and how you like to drive.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Power mode is a wank and just rev's the car higher before changing gears...easy way to waste fuel.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Up to 80km i leave it in 3rd and around town I like to use it with power on, find it makes it drop a gear and go rather then ####ing around trying to go then dropping a gear anyway, not cool when you on a roundabout. Other days it gets left if D, depends on my day at work I gess. End of the day its up to you and how you like to drive.

80km/h in third? Sick bro. Buy a manual next time.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline

I use to do that, until I realised it makes the car labour everywhere. I does change down when you go slow enough, but seriously dude, just leave it in drive.

Since I got my modified memcal I have noticed the PWR mode is very aggressive. Kicks down fast as and holds the gear longer ( ECO holds it far to long as well really )

But Im getting a manual soon anyway haha

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
If you want to drive your auto like a manual then get it manualised or throw a T5 in there… You will just #### your gearbox if you constantly drive it manually.. Also im guessing manually driving it in power mode must mean it cops a hiding??? Also power mode does nothing except for what delish said. Changes gears at a higher rpm and just waste fuel…