Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

eco vs power

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
It also kicks down sooner and stops the torque converter going into lock up mode.

So basically if you want your fuel consumption per 100k to double then that's the way to go :thumbsup: ...lets all just throw all of our money in a pile and burn it while we"re at it.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
So basically if you want your fuel consumption per 100k to double then that's the way to go :thumbsup: ...lets all just throw all of our money in a pile and burn it while we"re at it.

Its purpose is for towing, to protect you transmission. It bumps your line pressure to, I think.... haha

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
pwr mode also ramps the line pressure up in the trans.

One of the biggest killers of a trans is leaving it in OD around town and it continually changed 3 - 4 - 3 - 4 etc etc, just like a manual, you don't put it in 5th when you're in a 50/60 km zone (well you shouldn't)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Mine never leaves power mode unless doing a long freeway trip (as its tuned to be most powerful/responsive etc in PWR), doesn't understand what to do much in eco

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Mine never leaves power mode unless doing a long freeway trip (as its tuned to be most powerful/responsive etc in PWR), doesn't understand what to do much in eco

I find it refuses to kick down if you depress the pedal too slowly in ECO mode.

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
I use the gears in my auto to get faster response in gear changers and higher revs :p

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
just wondering what you guys think is better eco or power mode on??

Depends what kind of driving you're doing. If I'm driving on winding roads with varying gradients I put it in power mode because it kicks down easier and doesn't bog down in a too high gear. If I'm about to overtake I'll press power so it will kick down into 3rd without needing as much throttle. For the other 99.99% of the time, I leave it in economy

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
it only changes the shift points, some pressures are altered but only in manual D1-D3

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
I've never tried PWR only a short time, but the way my trans behaves is while cruising you press the gas and it just makes noise and goes nowhere, this is at about 25% throttle increasing to 50-60% when you want to go quicker, then you press more and it drops a gear feels like the box doesn't know what it's doing?