Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec mail tune (vy)?

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
I've noticed you've got the mail order tunes for the VE's and I'm assuming the VY runs a similar system with its computer as you cant 'chip' it. I was wondering if you do a similar thing for the vy ecotecs or not?

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
We're getting somewhere, just slower then what we would like on this front

No worries at all... I figured it had to be more difficult than copy and paste off one of the vx chips lol

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Problem with the VY ecotec it they're a flash chip which means MACE would have to do exchange ECUs ad then the customer would need to get that linked to their BCM. Would get expensive easily

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Problem with the VY ecotec it they're a flash chip which means MACE would have to do exchange ECUs ad then the customer would need to get that linked to their BCM. Would get expensive easily

ah ok. i dont really understand it but changing ECU's would be a bit of a nightmare

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

Not necessarily, you could mail your ECU in, but then you wouldn't have your car for a few days, but it would be cheaper and easier.

MACE

Reaction score
Not necessarily, you could mail your ECU in, but then you wouldn't have your car for a few days, but it would be cheaper and easier.
This would mostly likely be the way which it would be done, though we're looking at other options to make it easier for everyone :)

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
This would mostly likely be the way which it would be done, though we're looking at other options to make it easier for everyone

I really dont understand the what the difference is with the VY computer other than its a flash chip which i have no clue about

Is it a problem with the software needed to load the tune being expensive and hard to get or more a problem with being able to email the tune?

MACE

Reaction score
I really dont understand the what the difference is with the VY computer other than its a flash chip which i have no clue about

Is it a problem with the software needed to load the tune being expensive and hard to get or more a problem with being able to email the tune?

The problem with the slow take up/development of programming the VX-VY's V6 computers has been the fact that software for the engine parameters/chip are physically soldiered on the board. Emailing a tune for customer to flash in themselves is something that we're considering, but is a case of easier said then done!