Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec mail tune (vy)?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I believe all L67s got the removable memcal.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
The problem with the slow take up/development of programming the VX-VY's V6 computers has been the fact that software for the engine parameters/chip are physically soldiered on the board. Emailing a tune for customer to flash in themselves is something that we're considering, but is a case of easier said then done!
So if you could un-solder it what would you need to be able to flash the tune on?

sorry to be persistent just trying to get my head around it

MACE

Reaction score
is the l67 vy different steve? i've got a swapable memcal in mine...
As acarmody has mentioned below

So if you could un-solder it what would you need to be able to flash the tune on?

sorry to be persistent just trying to get my head around it
You could do it this way though it would be a royal PITA I would imagine. It can also be done via the OBDII port as well

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Yeah i wondered why they had the port there if you couldn't do the tune through it.... thanks

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67

Correct. VT-VY runs the same PCM but just talks a different language for VY.

Flash software is getting there which negates the need to desolder a chip from the PCM. Perfect soldering (CNC style) is hard to replicate once you undo it

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
If Mace could do a change over ECU or flash type system for the VX VY tight arse PCM and keep the car legal etc would give them Legendary status in my opinion, if not already for the V6 scene hehe........ The amount of effort they have put in over the years, even though some things may not have worked out, the amount of products already is fantastic.

MACE

Reaction score
If Mace could do a change over ECU or flash type system for the VX VY tight arse PCM and keep the car legal etc would give them Legendary status in my opinion, if not already for the V6 scene hehe........ The amount of effort they have put in over the years, even though some things may not have worked out, the amount of products already is fantastic.

We're chipping away at it. Hopefully we'll have something to suit over the coming weeks with out cams

Cheers,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
We can now offer mail order tunes (replacement computers) to suit out cams for VU-VX-VYs now :D

They are a little bit more expensive, nonetheless though we can now supply them. These will be up on our site over the next week or two

Cheers,
Steve

Joshy-

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 3.8
What are these gonna cost Steve?