Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ecotec mail tune (vy)?

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
If Mace could do a change over ECU or flash type system for the VX VY tight arse PCM and keep the car legal etc would give them Legendary status in my opinion, if not already for the V6 scene hehe........ The amount of effort they have put in over the years, even though some things may not have worked out, the amount of products already is fantastic.

Yep.......Mace have definitely reached Legendary status in my opinion. All the best to Mace for bringing out the goods for our vehicles. I know its only early days, but have you any cars there with the cam kits on the VX'VY already ? What it idle and drive quality like ?

To bring a Performance CAM and Reflashed ECU for VX etc. at $795 ?? down from previous $1000 + retune charges on top Cam is just amazing ! Hopefully the product does well.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Agree with ^

I paid huge money for a Chiptorque chip and tune. BAH.

Hey MACE, when you say replacement computer, do you mail out a ECU and the buyer sends thier back? Wouldn't that need the ECU linked to the BCM.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Double post for some reason.

MACE

Reaction score
Yep.......Mace have definitely reached Legendary status in my opinion. All the best to Mace for bringing out the goods for our vehicles. I know its only early days, but have you any cars there with the cam kits on the VX'VY already ? What it idle and drive quality like ?

To bring a Performance CAM and Reflashed ECU for VX etc. at $795 ?? down from previous $1000 + retune charges on top Cam is just amazing ! Hopefully the product does well.

The feedback that we've gotten on a customers car so far has been good :) The tunes are similar to the ones which we supplier the earlier commodores which have proven themselves time and time again :)

Agree with ^

I paid huge money for a Chiptorque chip and tune. BAH.

Hey MACE, when you say replacement computer, do you mail out a ECU and the buyer sends thier back? Wouldn't that need the ECU linked to the BCM.

I'll write up in greater detail shortly, long story short ECU's we'll be sending out will have the VATS disabled. In saying this though, we can get their current computers reprogrammed such that this isn't the case.

Cheers,
Steve

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Was there any reason why Holden had to be so difficult (which Mace has now made seem easy) with these Computers ? The previous ones seem so easy to tune. Even Fords, have had flash kits for a while. Its not as if Holden stayed with the format....

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the free software tools have been out to flash tunes into vx and vy since around 2009

MACE

Reaction score
Was there any reason why Holden had to be so difficult (which Mace has now made seem easy) with these Computers ? The previous ones seem so easy to tune. Even Fords, have had flash kits for a while. Its not as if Holden stayed with the format....

The main reason that had put off many main stream companies for playing with them for years was the fact that they chip (memcal) was soldiered directly to the board. Fortunately this has changed over the years with the ability to do so being opensource as DW has mentioned.

Cheers,
Steve