Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ECU no stock in aussie

bexta

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 holden commodore VE wagon
Hi, i am after information from anyone that knows if i can get an aftermarket ECU and not programmed by holden? i was on the phone on saturday and talked to a mechanic that said its a lie that only holden can re- programme ECU to your car. does anyone know if this is true?? They said to bring my car in, with both set of keys and they will send it off to Melbourne, get it checked, if it's sweet, can put in an aftermarket ECU with new programming ($890). But they said if its fried, then i will have to get a brand new one put in and programmed to my car ($1600). They think it isn't fried from what i have said cause my car starts, but it will sometimes run for a few km's then stall like a manual, wheel locks up and i have to wait a minimum of 4 mins to start her again and she works again. flashing lights of "contact dealer" and "engine immobilised refer to manual" pops up on screen.

After Holden told me i need a new ECU it has been the worst ever to try and drive (stalling 5 times in less than a KM and shaking, out of control. then my electronic stability control light started flashing and each time i start her, she shacks so much it makes me anxious sitting in the car!) so has been in my driveway for 6 weeks cause the idiots told me they had ordered me one from the states last year, and i rang up to get an ETA on it (as I've already been waiting 6 weeks) to be told by them that they haven't even ordered one! so i was fuming. I have run and emailed over 15 holden dealerships around aussie and they have all said there is non in all of aussie, and back orders and no idea of ETA for when they will get any in. so i am up a gum tree. need any advice i can get!

If anyone knows if this sounds legit please let me know. i would hate to spend all this money if it doesn't work out. the plan is once its fixed i will sell. so want it all in working order obviously!

thank you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Doesn't sound right.

Contact @TazzI at Envious customs (site sponsor) as he does a lot of programming on the later model Commodores.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i dont agree with the diagnosis, sounds more like a supply/ground issue
nonetheless injectronics will have changeovers ecu

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
If the dealer knew what he was doing surely they could find an ecu program it and get the car going with in a week
As they can't no holden dealer can they don't know what they are doing and don't care about customers
What other cars have they tried to sell you? Find an auto sparky get him to put a 2nd hand ecu in it . If it even is the ecu half the holden dealers I've seen employ apprentices and nuffys.
Does injectronics deal with the general public now?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
you can order through bursons or repco
edit= if you provide vin number, transmission type and tyre diameter they can program for plug and play

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I do know getting parts from O/S was difficult prior to Xmas...I'm talking the 2 to 3 months prior to Xmas....Come post X-mas, I'm hearing parts are starting to come from O/S more reguarly.....This was due to alledged container shortages...It was also due to ships having to moor away from a port for a week to make sure ship staff were covid free prior to docking....This occurred at all ports they called into, which added to the delays in ships making it to their destinations...

So it is quite possible Holden dealerships weren't B/Sing you with an ETA. AS for the rest of your issues, I have no idea....Jsut thought I'd post up about delays that occurred pre-xmas and the reasons behind it that I was aware of

bexta

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 holden commodore VE wagon
you can order through bursons or repco
edit= if you provide vin number, transmission type and tyre diameter they can program for plug and play
yea its bursons that have quoted me for the aftermarket ECM. i just want to know if what they are telling me is going to be legit. I've been trying to understand "plug and play" but not seeming to understand this!

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
just take it to a local mechanic and they send it away to be replaced with a reconditioned unit we had the vz done last year cost 1200 but problem thats with cars they all have computers

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Last edited: