Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EFI 202 r there any after market upgrade chips

andrew86VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VLBerlina 3L
am looking at puting an injected 202 in my vl are there any after fuel and oxy management chips to give a easy power increase have tried searching the net for anything but im not havn any luck.

(dont harrass me lol, have a vl dont like my nissan motor, it goes well but its nissan , and dont have thousands to do turbos or v8 yet.)

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
I hate the Rb30e personally, but I think the 202 would be a step backwards, epsecially if you didn't spend some doe (cash) on it.

Slide a GTS (skyline) cam in the RB30, extractors, and a decent CAI/intake and leave it as that until you get the money to do something better

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
It isnt really hard to put in a v6 on the cheap maybe you should consider that. Plus a stock v6 would have plenty enough power to start with in an early commodore.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
just so ya know it is legal to put the fuel injected 202 in cos it met the 1986 fuel emmission standards. lol just

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
just so ya know it is legal to put the fuel injected 202 in cos it met the 1986 fuel emmission standards. lol just
In NSW the RTA state that when modifying your vehicle any non original engine must be manufactured the same or later date then the vehicle. So VK EFI engines cant be used in cars 86 onwards according to the RTA anyway.

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
In NSW the RTA state that when modifying your vehicle any non original engine must be manufactured the same or later date then the vehicle. So VK EFI engines cant be used in cars 86 onwards according to the RTA anyway.

my vk is a 1986 vk berlina and has the efi 202 so ya obviously wrong! not tring to be a smart arse or nothin just i know its legal cos i was wondering about it myself.

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
my vk is a 1986 vk berlina and has the efi 202 so ya obviously wrong! not tring to be a smart arse or nothin just i know its legal cos i was wondering about it myself.

ADR37 came into force on the 1st of February 1986. The VL commodore was released on the same date. The small number of Jan plated VK's were not required to comply with ADR37 and did not comply with ADR37.

In all states of Australia, any replacement engine must comply with all ADR's the car was originally built to comply with, hence you cannot register a VL with a VK engine.

Last edited:

v8commie

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0 efi
You wont be able to put a 202 in the VL due to emissions laws, thats why holden when tot he RB as an interim till the V6 was available for the VN

Scott

wrong my mate has a book called the vn project has pics and info that showed vl's tested with v6's before they went with the rb they tested the buick also if anyone gets caught doing a burnout say its a rock cycle test as theres a vl in the book doing a huge burnout buick of course they said vl doing a rock cycle test also the vn shouldnt really have buciks i think to much power even when they came out people complained of wheelspin tyres to thin but very funny

andrew86VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VLBerlina 3L

good thing im in new zealand then aye ill bastasize my car to how i want, lol. it allready has vk front end on my vl which was why i was lookin at going with the efi 202 and i have a spare vk body with running gear, the buick are great runners but going to the buick would mean id need to buy evrything from radiator,motor,tranz,xmember,loom and more where with the efi202 only need motor,5speed, 4-5 hundy and and driving again (before cert costs obviously)