Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EK CXI Civic builld summary...

ievaq8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 MAN SS UTE
review on coilovers...

### YES...
ill compare with wat I had...

bc br I bought brand new, had them re-valved to suit my spring rates
10kgs front
12kgs rear

fronts are always half way on damper

and rear full stiff for drags
full soft for street

the rear a real ball\back breaker even on full soft...but they did the job

now the HAKON gear

10kgs fronts & half wat damper setting

14kgs on rears and also same damper settings as bc for the 2 different driving styles

on the street, ###ing amazing, the rebound rate is SOOOO good, u would not think I had 14kg springs in there at all, and im not pissing in any1's pocket, I mean amazing

I wind up the rear dampers to full stiff, and ### me did they help, car left the line dead straight and ### all squat if any at all...

managed a PB 60ft of 1.82
didn't do too well on ET and MPH, but that's another issue...

video

ievaq8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 MAN SS UTE
okay Peoples..........

MASSIVE update since the last trip to the drags....

after much discussion with my tuner and brother about how the car ran on October 9th, we decided no1 was happy and that if I was to race a Jamboree in Melb on Oct 24th we need to fix the car asap...

so we booked the car in for some dyno time...

we bumped up the boost to 20PSI, added race fuel (ELF Purfo 105) and came away with a very angry, happy and responsive 408kw @ 9200rpm...
20151028_221906_zpsjilhzyq2.jpg

video of 390kw power run @ 8800rpm

then I really wanted to test run the car at the drags b4 Saturdays Jamboree as I WASNT allowed to run into the 10's and with the new figures and drivability I was certain a 10sec 1/4mile pass was gonna b very achievable...

so Friday 23rd October, calder park had a FAST FRIDAY test meet ...

we roll the car off the trailer, triple check everything, make some adjustments to the launch control from the usual bp98 map and head out nice and early for a quick shake down...

the car leaves the line really hard but with heaps of wheelspin (not the usual bog and catch-up I been used too)
I shift into 2nd b4 the shift light (9000rpm)
I then shift into 3rd again b4 the shift light accidently
and again into 4th b4 the shift light, b4 I realise im going way too fast, I put the clutch in and roll it thru the beam at the end of the track, I look up at the time boards and im like WTF...
10.76 @ 131MPH

as I slowed down I noticed I had lost all drive and thought I smashed a box, thankfully for some reason the drivers side shaft decided to pop out of the gearbox and make a mess...
we towed the car bak to the pits where we had to slap each other out to realise wat had happened was real...
I check the time slip and see a 60ft of 1.62, I couldn't believe at had just happened

ievaq8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 MAN SS UTE
so after the drive shaft miss-hap on the Friday night b4 Jamboree and the half assed 10.76 @ 131mph run, i knew i had to turn it down to compete in my class (Street Compact) and keep it in the 11's

i turned the boost down to about 16psi & thought will see how we go...

first run sat morning of Jamboree ran 11.12 @ 124mph and a 60ft of 1.81 as it bogged pretty hard

second run of jamboree ran 11.10 @ 125mph and it spun pretty nicely off the line but managed a 60ft of 1.73

by this stage I was pretty happy and consistently backing off 1 foam box b4 the finish line...

for my last qualifying run I thought I might actually limit my shift rpm to 8000rpm and see wat it does...

third qualifying run I managed to get off the line pretty mint with a little wheel spin,
did a 60ft of 1.69
and ran 10.995 @ 123mph
I was sooo happy as I still shut it off at 8000rpm in 4th which was about 25meters b4 the line...

I qualified first in my class and was stoked to be pretty consistent for the elimination rounds...

10.995 run - HAPPY VIEWING

unfortunately in my elimination round 1, I broke the drivers side CV and ended my day, but all in all, 2 days racing, 2 very easy 10 second passes, couldn't b happier.....

ievaq8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 MAN SS UTE
been pretty quite with the car since our second daughter arriving in mid November...

but I did get my hands on some footage from my good friend Luke and Gordie Oxley

http://youtu.be/8IQfzmMHrWE

ievaq8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 MAN SS UTE
massive update for u guys....

after Jamboree MELB, OCTOBER 24th 2015

I received in the mail a package from a unknow source, had no parts on there way for the car or the family...

to my surprise.....

20160325_224016_zpslku0ozqb.jpg

TOP Qualifier of 2015 MELB jamboree STREET COMPACT class

I then decided safety had to become NO1 priority
with our second daughter born on Nov 13th 2015, I wasn't keen on going any faster than my accident 10.76 without the right gear (even though track officials wouldn't let me either)

so I did some research, had a roll cage and some other goodies priced up here, and I just was NOT happy with wat I was getting for my $$$$$

so I held off, looked offshore...

and BINGO
JASON WHITFIELD FROM WHITFIELD FAB IN USA comes up with the goods

20160304_165158_zps2m4lx0yr.jpg

10PT weld in cage to suit ek hatch, bent rear legs to suit full interior, all pre notched and ready for welding....
NHRA regulations allows this cage to run as fast as 8.50
ANDRA regulations arnt as strict, so this cage shuld b good for 8.0 (wont ever get there)...lol

then I noticed a mate selling his race seat, brand new, never used, he bought the wrong size...(more like he put on a few KGS and didn't fit any longer...)

20151130_214213_zpswedfevsy.jpg

I also had some issues with the fuel system I had gone with, the twin pump hanger I believed didn't suit my needs, plus the stock tank didn't allow me to swap out/drain my fuels as per street/race duties permited
so I found and went with FCS in USA, fits under car in oem position, has a fuel level sender that works on my factory cluster, uses oem filler neck, wat more could I ask for???

19L, plenty for the street
cimg0912_zpsdwnykskn.jpg

and decided to add our logo/name to it
20160117_091631_zpspjx0iou2.jpg

last but not least, found a really cheap carbon bonnet I couldn't let go, picked it up, dropped it as my panel beater for re-clearing and test fit, for a cheap n nasty no name, its good
20160121_161100_zpse6qeg17o.jpg

that's all for now, hoping to have the cage fitted in MAY 2016
and moving forward making the fuel system changes and off to the track again