Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric features no longer working, bcm?

MANUAL V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L MANUAL
HELLO EVERYONE,
I have a vt ss 98 and one after another, now there are many other features not working, driver windows no longer auto goes up or down, rear demister not working at all, headlights auto off not working, and dash dimmer when u lower the light it switches all dash lights off instead and every single time I stop at the lights the engine light comes on code : lean oxygen sensor left and right and low speed fan not working.. and I have checked and replaced every single relay and fuse, I wana get a new BCM with a key but do I just replace it with the old one? or does it need to be programed cz I changed it last week and the engine didn't run at all so not sure if the new one is faulty or needs to be linked to ECU
any help would be appreciated guy !

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
HELLO EVERYONE,
I have a vt ss 98 and one after another, now there are many other features not working, driver windows no longer auto goes up or down, rear demister not working at all, headlights auto off not working, and dash dimmer when u lower the light it switches all dash lights off instead and every single time I stop at the lights the engine light comes on code : lean oxygen sensor left and right and low speed fan not working.. and I have checked and replaced every single relay and fuse, I wana get a new BCM with a key but do I just replace it with the old one? or does it need to be programed cz I changed it last week and the engine didn't run at all so not sure if the new one is faulty or needs to be linked to ECU
any help would be appreciated guy !
As you suggested, you will need to get the new BCM linked to the ECU before the car will start.

MANUAL V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L MANUAL
Do u know anyone in Melbourne that does it? Or just any auto electrician with a scan tool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Do u know anyone in Melbourne that does it? Or just any auto electrician with a scan tool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't really know, try ringing some auto electricians in your area and ask them if they are capable.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
what suburb are you in