Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Electric seat cover thingy :S

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You can repair that part for absolutely no cost and it won't break again.

You need to remove the wiring plug, then pull out the winder with the shaft attached. Just stick a flat blade behind it and lever the recliner wheel - it will just pop out. The shroud will then fall off. Unscrew the two screws from the seat frame that have broken off the shroud. They will come away with the two bits of plastic that broke off.

The small round section can be araldited back into place on the long tubular mounting bracket, then a piece of 25mm conduit, shaved or filed out a bit, can be forced over that bracket to reinforce it.

The long flat tab at the front that breaks off can be replaced with an L shaped metal bracket, retained on the shroud with a neat cup head small bolt and nut. The cup head can be seen on the outside of the shroud but can be painted black so that you won't notice it.

I've repaired two of my seat shrouds this way. They are much stonger than the original part, they won't break and they cost absolutely nix. I'm sure you have better ways of spending $42 than buying a new part.

V

-VY LoVeR-

Yeah i managed to fix it quite well yesterday i just pulled out that plastic screw cover on the outside and took out the screw that was there and then found myself a longer screw and a washer and screwed it back into place and works a treat. i may go down today though and get myself an L bracket for the front end and just glue it onto the cover and screw into the screw